be honest: am I loser in your opinion?

Discussion in 'General' started by dickens cider, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Yes. 100% true.

2. At least you're going somewhere, you're not getting stuck in life.

3. are you a virgin?

4. No man you don't sound like a loser at all. Sounds like you don't buy into social facades because you realize you're a self-sufficient being. Some people never realize they are and they need to cling to another, be surrounded by others or they feel a void. Lots of people need to portray images and feed their ego's but its all bullshit and none of that is 'real' but they pretend it is. Those people to me are delusional :) American culture suffers from Affluenza (no not Influenza) severely, but thats 95% of American society so it's just "normal" ...lol. It's crazy.

You're also pursuing knowledge and progressing. You're not 'doing nothing'. You're expanding and growing and that's great..that's exactly what I enjoy doing; Learning! You'll hit a point where you'll start shaping more things around you but for now, just do what makes you happy, but keep doing the job thing as the longer you're unemployed the harder its going to be to get re-employed. What a bitch of a cycle eh. I've been unemployed about 5 months myself. Question is though, are you happy? If not, how come?

5. Thanks dude. :) I'm reasonably happy so long as I'm rested up, and have MJ available. (alcohol is just a mood intensifier, if I'm pissed off, I'll be super pissed off, but if I'm happy, I'll be extatic). MJ makes me chill, and I don't give a shit about the outside world. Society is BS man. I don't need that stupid-ass office politics crap. It's not for me. If you get off on it, have fun dude. Take as much as you want, but I'll opt out. I know precisely what you are speaking of when you mention "Affluenzia". (good, or bad, I haven't decided yet)

Yes, I love expanding the ever-growing database of knowledge contained within my cranium. Without constant information, I feel on the border of losing my sanity TBO. I don't know why I'm that way, but I am. There has only been 1ce when I consiously turned off external stimuli, and that was last month. Driving in the fog at night with visibility limited to 10 meters. It was terrefying, and I'll never do that again.

Yes, I'm 95% happy with my life, but I cant help but thinking "What if I'm missing out on something? What if there's more to life then this? I want to jum out of a perfectly fine plane, I want to bungee jump, I want to have sex, I want to live like no other has ever lived! This can't be all there is!"

6. wut up k semler im from WA too...u seem like a chill guy but really you will regret it when your older if you dont try to get with a female...u can do it bruh everybodys got a special someone waitin out there...and to the OP...age is just a number man the soul does not age so it doesnt matter how old u are gettin ur degree ur still getting it thats wut matters!!

7. Any bit of happiness is all that matters. Seriously.

I was gunna make a smart ass remark about if you have to ask, then yes, generally youre a loser, but after reading your post Id have to say no. Youre DOING something with your life. Its not like youre sitting stagnant, and youre atleast semi-happy. That counts for a lot more than you would think. Some people arent happy at all.

8. It's cool that your from WA too :) I'm pretty chill, I don't really give 2 shits what anybody does so long as they leave me be. Get high on coke for all I care. I don't want any, but whatever floats your boat dude. Have fun. :) I don't see what the big deal w/ sex is. Yeah, if I ever go to Amsterdam I'll get a hooker, but short of that, I won't bet even a dollar on it ever happening. It's just not a real priority for me. After all, I have my left hand to satisfy that need. :D "Special Someone", yeah right. And I have a gold dick and piss green beer too. :rolleyes:

I'm an agnostic. I'm not willing to say there is or isn't a god until further evidence is presented, but as of the time bing, I am inclined to think that "god" is a constuct of primitive man designed to explain the unexplainable, but modern science has almost eliminated the unexplainable, therefore removing the need for "God". I mean, we have reached a point in knowledge where we can even mathematically describe the origin of the universe, and the state of such pre-big bang. There are no souls, and immortality does not exist. Every living being which has yet existed has died. You will be no different. Some day, you will die. Life is a terminal condition.

9. Meh for the most part sex is overrated. Dont take that the wrong way though. Im not saying its not highly enjoyable under the right circumstances, but too many people focus on it rather than anything deeper. If you fuck someone, thats great, youre able to stick your dick in someone. Whoo fucking hoo. Personally, Ive been celibate for four years and see no reason on changing that. I realized in my last relationship that sex without an emotional attachment is no better than masturbation...and it takes longer. Save your virginity till you meet someone that matters. If you dont then fuck it. Youre really not missing out on much. If you were a female then it would be different because of the varying degrees of orgasms, but as a male, our orgasms are pretty much exactly the same.

10. Thanks dude. :) I was sort of worried because all my former school mates have been married, and had SEVERAL children. Even my younger sister, (3 years), has had 2 kids. Considering I've only had 2 dates, (and never made out with a chick), it feels like I'm falling behind you know? It seems like I'm getting left out of society, and there's no way to catch up. Yeah, I don't want any kids, I'm perfectly happy being "Uncle Kurt", (although I'm still getting used to the "Uncle" title). and I have to learn to control my cussing around children.

Shit, 3 weeks ago, I was "playing" (at least he was while I smoked and kept him away from the stream so I didn't have to go for a swim in January), and my nephew said, "Uncle Kurt, you coming?" I said "Aww, sure, what the fuck, I need the exercise anyway", and threw out my cigarette. I wandered over to where he was, and noticed he was heading for the cattle. I almost shit a brick, and pulled him back from the fence. (no way in hell I'm letting a 3yo boy around cattle that weigh almost 3/4 ton a head).

He asked me if I was afraid of them, then I said "Fuck no, I'm not afraid of cattle; but I don't want you to get stomped. Here, I'll prove it." I walked up to the fence, and shoved my hand through to let a cow lick my hand, (to prove to my nephew that cattle aren't anything to be afraid of). the cow licked my hand for like 4 minutes, (trying to get the salt off my hands I guess.) but then I showed my nephew that I still had a hand, and there's nothing to be afraid of, but I still won't let him in there. Even a fully grown man needs to be 100% aware when around cattle.

And sheep are the stupidest animals alive. Sheep are the ONLY animal where I saw it get it's head stuck in a fence TWICE IN ONE DAY!!! Stupid fucking sheep. Whoever decided to domesticate those fuckers should be kneed in the balls. :mad: I hate sheep. They're so fucking stupid.

Why am I talking about livestock? :confused:

11. #31 Six One Cynic, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    Semler, you are a loser, and you have tricked yourself into believing that society is some rigged game because you could never fit in.

Being in love with a pretty girl is the best and most complete feeling in the world, the internet has destroyed your life as far as I'm concerned, taking from what you wrote, all that information and no-one to share it with?

You are using pot and booze to cope, stop fucking wasting your life and start living; that's one of the worst posts I've ever read.

Disrespect doesn't float well here. *RMJL

12. I don't know but you're a trooper insomniac like the best of us, or maybe just like me, but one of those is right!

Man people having kids these days have 2-3 kids, sometimes 4 or 5 is just crazy to me.
    Population is going to boom from 6 to 9 billion...wtf....

We will hit unsustainable figures and people are so selfish they don't care....and the ones who are actually intelligent and caring enough are adopting and not breeding right now! Shit! Do you see what that means?

Hopefully the upbringing environment can be enough of an effect to instill some common sense into them to be thinkers instead of selfish desires and people who just are following instinctual patterns of behavior, - like pre-programmed robots or something. At least pre-program them bastards right...ya know?

13. well you dont know his situation, that wuz kinda cruel if you want my 2cents, though i cant disagree about that last bit.....i think he needs to hear that more in real life.

14. #34 philan, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    Not going to quote the rest of it, but here again: You're pushing your ideals on to him..but you can't see it because you think what you say goes for everyone else I gather...ego-centric....Typical. Go robot syndrome...

What you enjoy and love, is not what another enjoys and loves: Don't force it on anyone and if you dare judge them on your behalf, wow...I hope you're not treated the same because that behavior shouldn't exist. It's 2010 and we're still ignorant as fck - me, you, all of us. We have to realize that to move forward; You're not 100% right, i'm not 100% right, and there is no 100% right. Just keep going forward and stop breaking people down, ya know? Constructive, not destructive.

15. +rep You sound like a chill dude that knows what he likes. :p

16. Fuck women. I don't need them. They don't need me. As far as I'm concerned, they can go and lick each other off, (that's what lesbians do right?) All I want is pictures of them on the internet, and I'm good to go.

17. Amen. If I was world dictator for one rule, I would pass, "no person/couple may have more children then nessecary to replace themselves". At the worst case scenario, humanity would stablilize at 7.2b people, and optimumly decrease in population size. Either way, we would be gaurenteed not to exceed the carrying capacity of the earth. :) That is one of the few planet-wide efforts I would fully support.

18. you sound like you have a real love for computers

passion for something is invaluable
    its impossible to instill in others
    or teach

roll with it

computers aren't going anywhere any time soon
    employment in your industry should be there when you get your degree

going on "Dates" with girls is certainly overrated
    they seem forced

most girls are easiest to get to know through people they're familliar with

unless you want to go to the bars you might want to ask around and see if any of your friends and family know any nice ladies of your age who you could perhaps mingle with during some sort of social occasion at a neutral location (the most common being bars, parties, weddings, etc)

being in debt sucks certainly, but the sorts of jobs for which you'll certainly be qualified will pay more than enough to start chipping away on that debt.

19. oh and dont listen to these guys who say sex is overrated

once you have sex you will be addicted to it

everyone is
    that's biology

itl certainly boost your confidence (especially if she likes it... which she will on some level or she wont be having sex with you)

you'll never look at ANY woman the same way

and attractive ones
    well they'll command your attention like a train wreck ( you cannot look away )

20. I didnt graduate college until i was almost 24

it didnt have anything to do with failing classes or whatnot...
    i took a year off
    and coming out of high school i had NO idea what i wanted to do (does one coming out of high school really have a clue about anything?)

the average college student is in school for just under five years (for what should be a four year undergraduate degree)

its super common, brother

schools figured out that they could get students giving them extra money if they make it difficult to complete the degree in time

when my parents went to college they took 12 credits a semester

to complete my degree i finished my last semester with 18 (18!) credits

shits fucked up

college isnt what it used to be

all of the learning neccessary for my job (i'm a sportswriter. i cover boxing and MMA. pm me for a link to my stuff and my name) came with job expereince

college is useless
    you cant really learn in my experience. i was kept too busy

in conclusion

you are NOT a loser

grit your teeth and work hard
    and great things will fall into place (the man who lies exhausted on the field of battle is content)