BBC: What Happened to Global Warming?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Oct 15, 2009.

1. What Happened to Global Warming?

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa.

2. Ahh science. Sometimes it's just as bad as religion.

3. i can go for some global warming about now.. it's been snowing all fucking day.. in october.

that must be a side effect of global warming..

4. :laughing: +rep

5. Telling me, I moved from TN to WI for a job for a bit, and it's been snowing here. I was like wtf when I woke up lol.

6. haha.. you know how it goes man

too hot = global warming

too cold = global warming

too much rain = global warming

drought = global warming.

as long as those UN approved scientists keep saying it.. then it's true no matter what any other scientist in the world says.

7. wouldn't global warming correct itself? if it gets hotter, more water evaporates, which causes more clouds to block out the sun, then it cools, and we have precipitation, which is also known to be a coolant. nifty.

8. I've never been a fan of the whole "global warming" but we do seriously affect the environment. Pollution is real and I think the biggest thing I have a beef with global warming critics is that many also deeply criticize the idea of pollution and believe that we should allow ourselves to do whatever we can to sustain this strange fucked up "standard of living" we have.

But like I said, that's just most, and when I mean most, I'm talking about vocal critics. Scientific critics still hold great reservations about pollution, but it's my observation that the corporatist apologists who defame global warming are also trying to associate pollution with it, and it always makes me sick.

9. It's the Al Goreans that associate global warming with pollution, not the evil corporatists.

They just love polluting because it's cheap.

10. #10 Raoul Duke II, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    Yeah, to an extent(and that's always been one of my problems with "global warming." Like with many other issues, they group legitimate issues in with the bullshit), but also I mean listening to Rush or other "conservative" talking heads talk about is always ridiculous. I don't remember any exact quotes, but I've heard him on several occasions claim that companies and civilizations as a whole doesn't have to do anything for the environment except what's good for us.

And you're right, that's their entire reasoning (if you can call it that) behind it. It's cheap. That's also one of the things I've heard said. Companies shouldn't have to go through any environmental regulations if it'll hurt the profit margin. Even clean water regulations, which I must admit our government goes crazy with, he says shouldn't ever be because companies would never do it to an extent of hurting us because that would hurt them :confused:

I'll try to see if any of those quotes are anywhere, but finding shit like that is like wading through a sewer to find a peanut. But I'm donning my waders...

11. I think I'm going to email this article to one of my old teachers. Can you imagine an entire English class based on global warming?

12. I don't doubt climate change is somewhat real, but global warming is not a good name for it, one of the big worries is the gulf(?) stream stopping, what would happen basically is Europe would experience extremely cold conditions.

So not all warming.

13. that's right. they changed the name to "global climate change." It may have been Bush who did that.

14. I think we should just pave the entire planet and lobby for a perpetual 72 degrees globally. :smoking:

[​IMG]

15. Here.

16. Climate change dominoes fall

Look at how the government scrambles to try and preserve it's relevance.

17. They changed it to climate change because the climate is always changing, no one can dispute that right? They created an absense of opposition because no one can argue the climate is not changing, cool I agree, now how does carbon fit in to the system

18. Welcome to your new home for the 21st century, OH wait!:eek:?

[​IMG]