Bay Area!

Discussion in 'General' started by Comets, Jul 17, 2009.

1. So, I'm doing research on the bay area because I would really like to move out there next year, but I can't really find any solid information. Anything you could tell me about would help a great deal, especially neighborhoods to look into or avoid, places to work, the cost of living, etc.

Also, I'm a recording engineer, so any information about the music scene would help too!

Thanks dudez :wave:

2. well, i can give u a little run through . . .

neighborhoods very in safety and quality of life as all do. best to avoid parts of Vallejo, Richmond, pretty much all of Oakland (that city's ghetto as fuk), and i can list the parts of SF to stay away from (hunter's point/bayview, sunnydale, tenderloin, western addition, parts of the mission [like 23rd and mission])

the cost of living also veries widely. In the city u can't get an apt for less than $1,200, or a single room for less that $400 a month. however i saw a 2 bedroom house in alemida for $700 a month, and apts in oakland for as low as $500 (if u really wana live THERE).

lots of work for ya out here, and since u r into music that'll help u get a job quicker.

the weed's good, as are most other drugs, and are easily obtainable. weed shrooms and acid can be found in the height (just be smart about who u buy from) and u can get OC's, vics, and benzos down town (be VERY careful of how u buy from here, and for cops, they can come out the woodwork and grab ya ass)

hope i helped

3. Cool man, thanks for the help! I'll steer clear of Oakland if I can haha.

4. +rep too, I think I did it right

5. its fucking hot right now.

6. you're tellin ME!