bat guano causes lung disease

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by fivetodie, Jan 21, 2010.

1. I was watching Bear Grylls run through a jungle in China. He found some bats in a cave and said the bat shit could cause some type of lung disease. I'm planning to use that in a few weeks.

2. If your worried just use one of those dust masks... I smoke so I'm gona die anyway...lol

3. I think that is more for when your standing in chest deep bat shit.

4. I think the worry is, were feeding this to our plants which we are smoking, with our lungs lol.:p

5. Evey single item at mcdonalds causes cancer, at least this is natural

6. You arent smoking bat shit tho you are smoking the nutes in the bat shit. Bat crap causes lung diseases because your inhaling crap. literally. inhaling crap. But in small amounts its nothing.

7. They are right, you are just trying to get the minerals and such out of bat guano. If you are worried about bat shit causing lung disease then I suggest you stop smoking MJ all together. MJ its self doesn't cause cancer ( or so they say) but the chemicals that are created when combusting said green plant are a different story. I hope you don't use blunt wraps - those are full of chems and made from tobacco

Personally I do though :p eh w/e

8. Yeah just because something is organic it does NOT mean that it is safe, or non-toxic. Sometimes the organic stuff is worse for your health, your plant, and the environment than the synthetic or chemical alternatives. Do you homework.

A far as smoking plants growing with bat guano I wouldn't worry about it unless you actually got the guano on the buds.

9. yea its like using the drill that has lead in the cord. Use this but don't get it in your face or you will get lead poisoning. lol

10. I recall seeing a show that said something along the same lines. Im not a biologist by any means but im gona take a shot and say that the reason the bat poo is bad for you becuase like most other shit there could be harmful pathogens and bacteria that may even be airborne. The guy who i saw walk into the cave full of bat poo was wearing a breathing apperatus and seemd fine. If you have a concern wear a mask. The stuff i typically buy is dried out and seems pretty harmless.

11. Dont worry youz guyz !!!
    The health risk only involves breathing in the dry form,
    as dust. Along the same lines as the asbestos thing.
    It cannot hurt anyone in the form we are taking it.
    Cheers.
    :smoke:

12. You smoke it in a different chemical form altogether; the plant has to break any fertilizer down first, then reassemble what it can into specific chains of various proteins that it uses for different metabolic functions.

Plants are pretty food-sensitive though, just like people are. If people eat a bunch of junk food and McDonalds, sure, they can survive, but a lot of what they're putting into their body is not necessary so it just builds up.

But you guys probably knew that already. I forgot I was in the Organic Growing section for a minute :)