Bass

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by UncleVanya, May 8, 2007.

1. I love campfires, and pretty much any type of music imaginable. Mostly hard rock - im in love with Tool. Simple Question with that info, what do you suggest - Acoustic, Electric, or Acoustic/electric Bass?

2. For a campfire situation go with acoustic. Right now I got 2 basses, an ibanez that will soon be fretless, and a rouge that is my main bass. Electrics are good for any place with elctricity while acoustics can be broken out anywhere and anytime. so if you want good on the fly jams with anyone else with a acoustic or elecric guitar go with acoustic, or better yet acoustic-electric.

and heres a link to a Folk band that uses a acoustic bass, banjo-guitar, acoustic and electric gutars called "the Pinole Ramblers"!

myspace.com/thepinoleramblers

some good folk!

3. im not a big fan of acoustic basses, but that would be best for a campfire. or you could buy an electrec and a battery amp. Im a guitarist, but i've had my eye on one of those Schecter Custom Stillettos for a while

4. i have a schecter studio 4 fretless and i love it. Awesome for when you wanna bust out some jazzy smooth tones

5. well, getting an acoustic bass with a pickup in it and a not-too-cavernous body is probably yr best bet.

6. I like my electric bass, its an old kramer that i got from my dad, he used to play in a band and he passed it down to me when i decided i wanted to play.

7. what about acoustic/electric WITH a bat. amp? Ive played bass for a bit, but have never touched an acoustic.

8. I use a Schecter Damien 6 alot of times when im playing and its awesome for a $350 guitar.

9. ive got an acoustic/electric that i love! bust it out a few times a day. pretty much everything i play for my band was originally written acoustically, then modified to rock electrically.

i got it as a gift, apparently it was around 700$, and still theres a reasonable amount of fret buzz, but the action seems decent, so i think that may just be unavoidable with the neck being so long and the strings so thick.

id definately recommend the acoustic/electric. you can find em on sale for pretty cheap sometimes because no one wants one, but man do they rock.