Bass Guitars

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by adamBC, Nov 25, 2004.

1. well im looking to invest in a bass guitar, i have a 5 string right now, but id like to get a 4 string.

what are the brands i should look for. i doubt ill have money for anything like a Fender or Gibson right now, and id rather not buy the bottom of the line model.

so is there any chance i can get a quality guitar (bass) for around 200-250$ american?

2. Any bass made by Ernie Ball Music Man. I have the SUB, and I love it. I would recommend it to anyone. It's got a very twangy sound to it. Nice and bright and clear sounding.

3. I don't know, I got this $100 SSX bass because I read on a lot of forums that it is great for the price, and they rated it over most $150< I was looking at at the time.

Its pretty good, I don't play much right now, don't really know why, but I would def. recomend the bass

4. You don't wanna invest more but get a decent bass...buy used...go on eBay and get a used Jazzmaster...they come cheap and got good sound...and last for years

5. dude, try an ibanez iceman. ibanez doesn't jack their price up. the iceman has such a nice fariety of sounds you can get from the pickups. for 400 bucks the thing gets the high sound of an 1200 dollar music man and still be able to get nice lows and everything in between. plus the neck is perfect and has no blocking reach on lower frets like on a jazz. i play a jazz fretless too.