basic grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by darlodean, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Hi everybody been lurking around here and other forums for about a month and ive decided to start growing... Im using seeds from my dealer for starts you know just to get the nack of growing :rolleyes:

Ill be painting my closet white and making and area in it to grow in, what I want is some info, dont want to make my own soil Id like just to buy some and I need a good light for around 6 plants.

After this grow Ill be getting feminized seeds probably if i do have a successful grow first time round which I probablies wont haha :devious: any little tips or any info is appreciated and Im willing to spend for the lights and soil.

Cheers.

2. Welcome to the city!

You should go with at least a 400 watt hps for 6 plants and more is always better

For dirt get yourself a bag of fox farm ocean forest and some perlite and vermiculite and make a 25/25/50 mix of perlite/vermiculite and FFOF for your seedlings (ffof is kinda hot for sprouts)

I start seeds in 16oz solo cups for the first few weeks then I go to 3 gallon grow bags for the rest of their lives

you also need to consider air temps from the HPS it will get really hot in a closet, powered exhaust is a must and you should have double the output for a passive input (one 6" powered exhaust outlet should have 2 6" passive intakes or so)

and you'll need a PH meter - feed/water your plants with 6.3 ph corrected water

gl!

3. Don´t know how I managed to average 18 ounces (dried) per plant without one !!!!!

4. Im sourcing a light now but wont be able to buy until ive paid a fine off, think ill visit my local garden centre soon and get the soil sorted gonna start work on the closet as soon as ive got some materials from work so shouldnt be long... :hello: