Basement grow set up advice needed. Any and all of it!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Jethroanderson, May 14, 2018.

?

Should I try and make just one big flower room or keep separate?

1. One big a$$ flower room with 6 or more 1k hps running

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Two smaller(still good size) flower rooms with 3 1k hps

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Remove old big furnace and replace with smaller furnace and re duct basement making 2nd room larger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. been growing legally for just about 6 years now. This is my 4th year in my current house. I grow only in half of the basement (pic has exact layout of the grow side of the basement) started out small with one 315 lec in the back basement closet... since then I have put up 3 new grow rooms and it is producing. Never have had any issues with pests, disease, heat, humidity, etc etc.. I’ve have been very fortunate in that regard.. anyway I am making this post because I want to expand in my basement. I am limited because of the pre existing ventilation comin too and from my furnace..says it’s new! Dated and signed..1976!! So parts of my basement are 7 feet to the bottom of the wood support things. And some spots are 6 feet to the bottom of a 3 foot wide metal vent with no place to hang lights, and even if I could hang lights it would be just too close to the plants... any ideas on how you would set the basement up? I’ll pose a picture I drew on some graph paper. It should be damn near exact measurements where 1 square=1 foot.

All comments are welcom. What would you do? Buy a new furnace and have the ventilation re routed so it’s out if the way and more efficient? Remove the long bench that I have clones and small plants growing on? Tell me anything. If I hear something I like I’ll bust out the sledge hammer today and start moving stuff.

Ohh and in the pictures you see silver styrofoam insulation in some pictures but since then I have removed that and put up all pandaplastic and orca paper. I have (6) 1000 watt hps lights a 315 lec a 150 watt hps and a couple 300 watt or so high output t5s. About (5) 20 inch fans a dehumidifier and a small window a/c unite I haven’t even needed to hook up yet. I can purchase more equipment if needed. Thanks again everybody

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grace has a basement grow hopefully she will stumble on this

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

3. Think Grace will have some ideas for me?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Go in good graces post and tell het papa puff sent u. Ask her what u can expect growing in a basement. She can give u what can go wrong and what u may need. Hopefully if there are pitfalls she can help u avoid them
    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anybody? What would do??

6. I'd go for two rooms myself, which isn't saying much since i don't even have one room yet.
    But you could grow autos in one and photo's in the other, or experiment and dial in your techniques a lot easier with two rooms; more versatility, and less chance of pests and disease effecting two rooms than one big one depending how the rooms are sealed.

7. Rooms are half assed sealed to the outside environment but I purposely left large but light proof holes in my rooms to better be able to manage my heat. I am running 6 1000s plus others and fans with no ac. It’s getting to be summer now and temps are going up and up but I still manage to keep temps at 79 in one room and 84 in the other. I’ll have to fire up my ac unit when it gets to be about 90 out. With no lights running my basement stays at 62 degrees ish

8. 1000's are quite the heaters, especially six of them. Another bonus of two rooms is that you could alternate your lights, only have three lights on at a time for better heat management; would kind of be a pain to work with sometimes but saves money on cooling.

9. Auto and photo in veg room, photo flower room in the second

10. Got them running at different times. 3 at night 3 during the da

11. Getting a lot of what I should do with my “type” of room and where to put plants. I’m really looking for renovation, carpentry, and hvac advice. Not bashing anyone just looking for more info on a remodel and reset up of my rooms. Thanks for the responses tho it has been a dead post for a second!