Basement Grow Room Design

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Caprican, Jan 11, 2010.

1. This room is about 50% completed, I have all lights and fixtures constructucted, but the room needs to be split in half to form the veg and flower rooms - currently there is no divider. I'll have pictures of this in the next few days

Any thoughts? This is an unfinished basement space, subterranean I covered all walls and floor with Panda film and will be using that to make the room divider - Two windows on the outside walls, completely covered and disguised by the panda film - that stuff is awesome. The right wall is backed right up against a large crawl space that is 5ft tall and covers half the house - Maybe 5000 cubic feet, so smell or heat shouldn't be a problem.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• grow.jpg
      grow.jpg
      File size:
      218.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Looks tight man, just make sure each room is lightproof. Im sure you already know that though =)

3. nice idea... you should probably think about putting a screen-door of sorts into the divider because sealing it up again after every visit gets very annoying... had a leaky veg-closet:rolleyes:

one thing to think about is odour control via carbon filters at the intakes...

also i can only recommend cooltubes... when used properly you can hang a 600W hps about 1.5" above the tops in one of those :D

best working setup sequence IMO is:

FILTER->FAN->COOLTUBE->EXHAUST

this way the hot air can stream out unhindered, the fan doesn't heat up and the smell is taken care of as well...

good luck
    :smoke:
    kere