Bartender Beaten After Refusing To Serve Alcohol To Cop

Discussion in 'General' started by KeepSmokinReefa, Mar 22, 2007.

1. CHICAGO -- Authorities in Cook County have charged a Chicago police officer with aggravated battery after a female bartender was beaten in an attack caught on camera.

WFLD-TV reported that that the incident happened at Jesse's Short Stop Inn on Feb. 19 while the officer was off-duty.

The videotape shows a large man shoving a much smaller woman to the floor and repeatedly punching her. According to the TV report, the attack happened when the bartender refused to serve the man any more alcohol.

The Cook County State's Attorney's Office has charged Anthony Abbate, 38, in connection with the attack. Abbate was arrested at his home on Chicago's Northwest Side Tuesday night.

Chicago police officials say Abbate has been stripped of his police powers and the department will seek to fire him. His attorney has refused to comment on the case.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=2725598&version=1&locale=EN-US

2. Note to self: don't speed when driving through Chicago.

3. My bro lives in Chicago, good think he's not a law breaker like I am.

4. nah man, if you carry a case of that fine beer you canuks make it's looks like you could get off on a bribel

5. Thats terrible. First of all hitting a woman is just wrong. Second, whats with all this rise in police brutality all across America lately. Not that I like cops or anything but havent you guys seen any news reports on that subject?

6. Anybody watch the video?

Shits horrendous, Dont fuckin hit women.

If i was one of those dudes i woulda sure as hell broke a bottle or two over his damn head.

7. I never hit a girl I came close once in middle school ripped a branch off and said i gonna whip some respect into you, as soon as I saw the fear in her eyes I didnt do it The next week she was my girlfriend.

8. what bothers me about it is they all probably knew he was a cop, and that's why they did nothing.

9. That's a bert-approved manly way of getting a girlfriend.

And I saw the vid... that first punch is like.. holy shit.

10. We don't call it Crook County for nothing.

11. Fucking pig. The girl was a g though, she wouldn't stay down.

12. fuck beer bottles, I'd probably break it over his head then ram it through his neck watching that shit. I'd have used a barstool, put him in the hospital, and stood up for what i did in court. "you put a cop in the hospital" "he was hitting a girl. I'd do it again."

13. The worst I've seen is a man throw keys at a bartender. Needless to say he got kicked out.

14. Holy hell. :eek:

Good for her though she didnt let him keep her down. I hope that he gets whats coming to him and more. Bar tending can be a tough job, Ive learned that having a baseball bat handy is always good..( never been used) But where I work there is no way that he would have even gotten round the side of the bar before there was a couple few guys all over him.

15. right on, hippycracker. That would've NEVER happened at any of the bars i frequent. I love my bars, and i love my bartenders and waitstaff. No way that guy walks out of any bar i frequent.

16. wow..... what the fuck..... those 2 chump ass guys are standing around doing JACK SHIT, while they just watch this fucking 300 lb piggly wiggly trash on this buck 10 bartender.... fucking pathetic excuses for human beings.....

17. weird... immediatly after i finshed watching the online video, i turn around and the video JUST begins to play on the news. i wus like.... damn weird fucking timing.

18. Damn, just saw this today on tv.. that's seriously messed up. Not only is it wrong to hit women, but he's a cop for christ's sake.. are these the people we give guns and cars and licenses to kill? goddamn..

trying to get the vid up but i'm not good with bbcode

19. #19 Floydian, Mar 30, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019

20. That dumbass cop is going to have a tough time in chicago prison. What do you think inmates like less? Child molestors or male cops who hit women bartenders?