Barnes/Noble?

Discussion in 'General' started by Wahlly, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Has anyone ever bought cannabis related books from an actual BN store and not online?

Are there any stories out there about people getting followed for buying a cannabis book like the grow bible or anything? I purchased one today in a non medicinal use state and everything seemed to go smoothly. One of the clerics there actually seemed to be quite the stoner but the one that checked me out was a little older and was a bit harder to read than the younger fellow.

2. The police don't just go into stores and follow out every teenager who buys a copy of high times, okay? They have better methods, like tracking people down on this forum.

3. Far from a teenager, but thanks for asking. And I apologize for trying to cover my ass. Stranger shit has happened.

4. i've bought High Times there before

5. Lol I wasn't even buying High Times, I was buying Mr. Cervantes' Marijuana Horticulture Grow Bible. I don't know where the other guy got the notion I was buying High Times.

Personally, if I was a cop in a non-medicinal growing state and saw someone buying the grow bible, then I would definitely think something was up. Cops aren't stupid.

I wasn't even really that paranoid, I was just seeing if anyone has heard of this happening before.

Thanks for your input, though. :)

6. woah, and I thought I was paranoid :p

7. You have the right to be paranoid when everyone is actually out to get you.:poke:

8. woah this tripped me out because i just bought one like a few hours ago:eek::smoking:

9. I've had "high times" and I've been to Barnes/Noble...???

10. Lol I really don't think there's anything to worry about.

11. I basically live in barnles and noble. I buy growing books all the time.

12. Great dose of paranoia that you've got there...stop worrying.

13. lol even that would be a waste of their time

14. If you buy one of those kinds of books from barns and noble there is not a whole lot they can do about it. If a cop asks you about it just say "well last time i checked the 1st amendment still allows me to read what ever i want"

15. i work at borders and read high times when im on break :D

16. Is it true Barnes&Noble doesn't drug test? Starbucks either?

Because they know that like 80% of their employees are stoners?

Some friend told me that and I don't know anybody that works there personally, so I'm just wondering.

17. i have purchased so many drug related books from B&N and nobody ever said anything. I bought an LSD book and the clerk commented, picked it up, and said "interesting." I smirked/chuckled and left lol

18. Hey I've read high times before, and I've been inside a barnes and noble.

19. as soon as i left this thread, i went to barnes & noble and bought 3 books... crap i shouldnt have spent money lol...

Oh well, can't complain with 3 books for 12 bucks

none were about drugs though...

20. I often go to Barnes and Nobles, pick me up a cookie to cure my munchies and a drink to relive cotton mouth and relax with a mag from High times. Have you seen the Grow mag out this month?