barganing at headshops???

Discussion in 'General' started by kindbud319, Aug 30, 2008.

1. kool this stuff helps out alot.
    ya i guess you guys are right, ill prolly go in with 175$ in my wallet and 30$ in my pocket and ask to see the bong i want which is 200$ and then ill tell him i only have 175$ on me
    and if he says ya then kool, but if he goes alittle higher ill just pull out the extra money i have in my pocket and pick it up

2. this is the exact bong i want to get at my headshop
    The joint is supper thick

Attached Files:

3. bring cash and show it to them and act like you really dont care if you buy something or not

4. its not hard really, anyone that lives in houston and has been to smoke dreamz has to know how to haggle(if not you're getting ripped the fuck off haha). my lux mini was priced 275 at smoke dreamz, and i asked the dude 'whats the lowest price you can do me on this' and he's like 'man, we barely can mark the bongs down but I can do you 250 out the door' and i'm like '230 in cash' and of course he gave me a bunch of bullshit, eventually he's like 'well I can do you 240' and I told him no, and finally I just said 'alright thanks anyways' and walked off, and he's like 'wait wait, i'll ask the manager' and of course I got it after that.(I know Lux mini's go for cheaper in other places, but 230 is a good ass price for Houston, this headshop is the only place that sells roor/lux/phx).

Basically just hold your ground, you'd be surprised how much many profit the headshops make. At smoke dreamz, they sell scales that go for 15$ on ebay for 70$, pipes that are worth 15-20$ for 45$+, it's rediculous.

5. So what about that bong??? Anybody like it or hate it?? its ether between this or a bluedot zong thats 360$ and this is only 200$ plus i will try to talk them down so i think its a better deal

6. I can't believe the selfishness I'm seeing in this thread. Do you guys have any idea how hard it is to make it as a retailer? Pay the full price, and don't insult the owner by trying to bring it down.

7. Honestly, don't expect a discount from them. Yes, headshops are known for giving up to about 20% on purchases, but like I said, don't go in there expecting it. It never hurts to ask. I usually say, "Is this the best you can do on this?" That's how I go about it.

And I own and have bought a LOT of glass.

8. i think you most defiantly have little note cards on hand with everything your gonna tell him/talk about idk i think its def a good idea lool

you just started a thread about how to bargain

think about that

dude
    ur
    a
    looooowser

9. i got a free bowl from haggling. basically just ask if he can go lower on the piece or make him an offer somewhere in the ballpark.

10. i like to support my favorite head shop because I know the guy needs the money so I just pay full price

11. yea its always good to support your headshop but ive spent FAR to much money on full price glass there to want to pay full price anymore.
    i mean if he dosnt give me a deal im not just gona stop going there. I would just try to find someplace that has better deals on the more expensive stuff, but i would still shop there for cheap stuff

12. haha Pincushions is the place man, bought alotta pieces there. I live in Wareham, MA, was surprised when i came to this thread and saw you talkin about Plymouth.

13. only bring a certain amount of money with you (The money you want to spend)
    if you MUST, bring more but put it in a different pocket so they don't see it