Baptism Tailgate Bash?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Neon Opal, Jul 3, 2011.

1. so my friend had a link on his page for this today and I thought it sounded odd but it this becomming a common sort of thing?. He joined one of those modern churches in the past year (used to be Catholic) and I was even thinking of visiting as it's here in town I'd say I'm nominally Christian as I really hate churches that are into dogma and doctrine and can never find one modern or old fashioned I seen in sync with.

Also not sure how I feel about re-baptism but do at least understand the ones that want you to get baptized as a consenting adult if it was done when you were a baby. But I think I'd want it to be a more solem event not a tailgate party. that seems tacky or do they think it brings more new people?

just a random musing while waiting for a friend. thoughts?

2. Dude when I think of a Baptidm "tailgate bash" i think young people drinking, smoking and getting plastered before the big game, Little Bob is ready to be Baptized the crowd goes wilddd hahaha

3. kool Beans Brah

4. #4 freakie, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
    I thought the cat in your sig had a peice of shit laying on it^^^^

5. I'm wondering if there was at least some drinking was involved I don't think his church is opposed or he woldn't be in it and maybe not smoking (as I doubt he quit that either) but just cause I'n sure kids were there. I don't think will baptize you till your at least in your teens. When I first saw his post knowing him I did think it was for some rowdy intoxicated party not a real religious baptism. I'm really curious now though - wonder if he'll have videos.