Banning of smoking paraphernalia.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Skurr, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Just the other went to the local head shop and the back room was EMPTY. I asked the guy what happened and he said I was told I cannot sell any water pipes or glass pieces anymore. That there is some new law against it. Has anyone else heard of this?

2. what state are you from?

3. That is FUCKED!!!

4. So the law is basically going to ruin some guys business and possibly make him poor. Jesus Christ.

5. where are you from!?

6. Unless he just went out of business....and made up some story to cover..

7. Wtf? What state are you in?

8. Im gonna guess hes from New York. My local shop just got raided (Gotham)

9. maybe they got busted for selling to a minor or something?:confused:

10. there are a few states where water pipes are banned

11. As far as I know there aren't any states with a ban on selling glass paraphenalia, but there are a few states where it is both illegal to produce them in that state and import them. This would make it pretty hard to maintain a headshop in those states with violating some law and face being shut down.

12. This is how Tommy Chong got busted a few years back.

13. But its all legal if it isnt paraphenalia(aka its clean, no residue).

They woudl be taking away thousands and thousands of jobs from the american people "especially in THIS economy" lol such as overused term but true

14. They're trying to make our lives a little crappier every day. Just keep toking.

15. You know, not like it wont be shipped in from other countries anyway.
    Just because something is illegal, doesnt mean its inaccesible. You all should know this by now.. haha

16. :rolleyes: douche

If it was an import only thing, it would be A LOT harder to get a piece, and prices would be ridiculous.

17. hey look

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/13/business/13tobacco.html?ref=business

america is becoming fascist, one law at a time. the fucking institution needs you to be completely sober so you can keep producing - fuck your happiness, it's all about the GDP, baby.

that's probably why you can't buy bongs in your state, and why you won't be able to buy bongs in america period pretty soon.

18. that wasn't about marijuana or paraphernalia at all. it was about the FDA regulating the chemicals in tobacco...

19. it's about the government beginning to limit tobacco use. they're banning blunt wraps because of "the children." this was an idea getting tossed around in state legislations a few years ago, and now it's a federal law. states are doing the same thing with banning the sale of paraphernalia.

20. Ive heard about this law too.