Bank genetics head to head

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by SubSub, Jan 12, 2019.

1. So I started germination of another ak 49 and a great white shark from Ams out of Holland. Was saving these for when I got my technique down. They will both be hempy grown to compare. Drilled a whole 2" up on 2 containers that I normally get 100lbs of galv nail in. Washed really well and rinsed some perlite in a collander. Once they sprout leaves in the root riot cubes they"ll be going in the tent. (Btw these germed in 18hrs with an 1/8" tap root!) Could of waited a bit more but I'm a bit excited. Got an email from mg, gold glue n Skywalker available in USA so I placed a small order. Got great white sharks mycos n call mag today, gave a 1/4 suggested amount to each plant. Hardest part is the waiting!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. This grow will be dedicated to Soil2coco, he's helped me quite a bit with lights, technique and alternative mediums so without him and grass city forums none of this would be possible and I'd have a double ended 1000w mh/hps instead. So I'd like everyone to know once again.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I’m excited to see how it goes and here to help if you need it bud

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keep an eye out on this forum. Any questions or concerns will be posted on here

• Like Like x 1
  5. Btw the shit that comes out of the perlite during wash was some nasty sludge. Anything else I do before sprout goes into perlite?

6. Grow the roots out as long as you can in the rapid rooters so they reach the res faster.

7. But yeah, that sludge killed one of my comparison plants in the soil vs Hempy journal.

8. Using 1/4 teaspoon of great white mycos to have roots like on the bag. Seen some great results but shits expensive

9. That’s more for soil or even coco or peat grows. You’ll use a products like roots excellerator silver or GH Rapid Start for Hydro/Hempy

10. See if I can get some gh rapid start but doubt it'll be here in time. Clear container will make it so I can watch root growth

• Like Like x 1
  11. Do I need to use hydroponics nutes also?

12. 250ppm tap water after sitting overnight, 10 day old seedling is at 600ppm, cause for concern? Need to swap to just distilled water I guess, going to go through alot

13. A lot of that 250 ppm can be good for your plants. You could mix 50/50 distilled and tap to save.

14. No clear container or you’ll watch the algae grow

15. Yeah I bought a 3 gal white bucket for hempy. Do I need to be concerned about the 600 ppm? It going to kill my ladies? I'll pick up a case of distilled tomorrow for them.

16. If I put it through my Brita I get it down to 165 but not sure if I should do a 1/2 gal flush or just hold off til next watering, pH on all is 5.8-6.0

17. If they’re seedlings you should just be using a syringe around the perimeter 2-3 times a day until roots hit res

18. K. Guess I need to hold off on great white mycos til veg n cut filtered water with distilled. Didn't realize a 1/4 dose to 1 gal would bump it up so damn much. Looks like they might just get salt build up from wat I read

19. Each plant has 2-3 sets of leaves not including the 2 sprout leaves...would you consider them still seedlings? Was told 2-3 weeks before they're in veg. Man I'm a noob at this. Alot harder then I anticipated that's for sure.

20. I'd still consider them seedlings---I usually consider them past the seedling stage once they have around five sets of leaves (not counting the first rounded ones). Seeing the stem get a little "stockier" is another visual cue I use.