Banjo: Acquired

Discussion in 'General' started by My Fax, Oct 7, 2007.

1. I've always wanted to play the Banjo, and I had the money for one, so I thought, why not.'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's so easy to play. Open is a G, so you just add variations to that. It sure does sound cool.

High + Playing a Banjo = Awesome :wave:

2. haha thats cool man

3. haha, very cool man. :hello:

I've always wanted one, but it's never been a financial priority. Someday...

4. Lets start a folk music band. Ill be the mandolin player.

5. Dude, that dog looks fuckin' evil.

6. the dog looks fuckin' blown.

and nice banjo, ive always been intrigued by the sound of the banjo.

7. Nice.... I've played the guitar for about 8 years and I've always been curious about trying a banjo. How does it compare? Did it take a while to learn and be able to sound good playing it? Every time I hear banjo music it sounds really fuckin hard.... so much intricate picking.

8. Thats awesome man, Ive always wanted to learn to play the banjo.

Steve Martin is pretty damn good with a banjo

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/icMTVV5Lwaw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/icMTVV5Lwaw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

9. Haha, you play the mandolin? That's awesome. Non-mainstream instruments FTW.

He's just putting on his "don't fuck with me or I'll eat your ankles" face. Protecting me from my little brother with the big scary camera.

Not at all, in my opinion, it's alot easier than guitar. At all times you're supposed to have your pinkie, and ring finger on the banjo, so the rest of your fingers are completely stationary. That makes picking really easy, you don't miss strings at all. And since it's an open G, that makes it even better.

Also the strings are way thinner, so you don't have to push on them very hard at all, and barring is way easy.

10. All we need is a blind folk guitarist and we could do the entire score to the movie.. that one movie, you know?.. Ah, fuck, it starts with a D.. Shit..

Great, now I'm completely fucking tortured.

11. My grandma told me the other day that she bought a banjo and tried to play it, but couldn't, so she gave it up. And she's like, 80, which makes it so funny.

12. Before it falls into the really fast part, me and my Brother can play it perfectly. God I love playing this.

13. That's cool

14. Deliverance! That's It!

15. *dualing banjo's starts playing*

Im getting out of this thread before a hillbilly decides I have a pretty mouth!

No, on the real, I always wanted to play a banjo,not for the musical value at all, but because I live in NC,and im hoping to really creep my neighbors out

16. That banjo looks awesome, and the gorilla mask is not bad eighter. I hope you get amazing at it.

17. I got you on that harmonica dog Im in !

18. I wonder how the Banjo would fair in a Hardcore Metal band?

19. I also recently acquired a banjo, and agree that they kick ass.

I need to get mine adjusted though ebcause the actoin is way too high, and it needs new strings.