Bands I like

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by friendlyCAjoe, Oct 23, 2008.

1. I thought I would list some of the bands I enjoy listening to, maybe compare it to the list of others...

Elliot Smith, Ben Kweller, The Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews Band, Hootie and the Blowfish, Everclear, Collective Soul, Fugazi, Weezer, Rage Against the Machine, older Green Day

I also enjoy most 60's/70's music.

Music really has been going down a strange path lately... rap, techno, and ambient music is becoming more and more prevalent... I miss alot of the music you can connect to.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying rap, techno, or ambient music sucks, so please respect my post as much as I will respect yours.

:smoking:

2. Lotta 90's bands in there haha. I got the jist of what you like, may i suggest Ratatat, One Day as a Lion (mars volta meets Rage), and White Room. Check 'em on myspace.

As technology becomes more readily available and cheaper, "garage" bands can afford to experiment without the use of a studio.

I like the way music is going, all you need is a myspace account and you can make music the way you want.