Bananas in late flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by patchesobrownbeard, Mar 5, 2021.

1. I'm at the end of week 7 and just noticed bananas popping up on the top colas of one of four plants. All different strains and the others don't have any. The other tplants look about ready to harvest but this was a random bag seed and it's covered in white hairs still. I read that bananas or "nanners" can be a sign you waited too long to harvest but for not even being to week 8 yet that doesn't seem likely especially with all white pistils still. Yet there are some amber trichs on the plant even though there are basically no orange hairs. So my question is how long before these banas things seed my plant? They may have been there growing for a week already at this point but they don't look too big and don't appear to have bust open yet, I'm thinking if I let it go another week will they be already even if they got pollenated like today or would they have some seeds started already by then. Don't have a pic of the nanners but here you can see all the white pistils still, these nugs are pretty decent size too like a solid fistful [​IMG]

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

2. Pick them off asap before they open

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. maybe just specious staminate flowers... think you should just listen to smokeout ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. I considered picking them yesterday but didn't want to burst any open if they weren't going to have time to produce seeds anyways, but if there's no harm in it then I may as well try to pluck them all off. Plan on harvesting in one week despite how the trichs or pistils look [​IMG]

5. I posted this in the first time growers section for a reason although I did Google that so now I know the unpopular boring confusing technical term lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. nanners are already burst open. Normal males develop pods first that open up. There's a good video for this, its a nice vid,

whereas nanners, they just show up without the pod; maybe that's part of why they are sterile? idk.

Its good to know the tech term as it helped your google search ;)

Good luck with it

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's my understanding the pollen is inside of these banners and when THEY burst open is when the plant is pollenated. Also I'm fairly certain they are not guaranteed sterile as I've seen nunerous people saying these plants can and will seed themselves. My concern is I planned to harvest in one week anyways, will my plants already have seeds by then?

8. Looks like you have a ways to go. Like maybe another 4 weeks. But I'm just guessing by the looks of them, not even close.

9. you are a good 4 weeks away from harvest. i dont see ant nanners but your pictures are shit, get some better close up shots.

Bag seed typically comes from hermaphrodite plants which is why they tend to also be hermaphrodites (nanners and or pollen sacks with female flowers). in other words, stop using bag seed.

10. Four weeks out you think? I mean geez I don't want some shitty cbd high when all my trichs turn amber so I think I'll just harvest in a few days and post some more shit pics for you to see how it goes. Pretty sure I'm not going to let my hermie go another 4 weeks to get loaded with seeds but thanks for your expert advice

11. U need to pick nanners off asap and let those ride out longer those white pistols are ur sign of immaturity sfill u smoke that now ull get a headache more than likely man.....just tryin to help u out

• Like Like x 1
  12. I picked out a bunch but there's definitely too many to get them all. There are some amber trichs on the plant and orange hairs but I think it's some anomaly plant tbh I'm not sure those pistils are ever going to all go orange it's some alien plant. Really don't want a bunch of useless hermie seeds so I'll let you know how the smoke is after the cure next week

13. they will

clearly u know nothing if u think it will be cured in a week.

• Like Like x 1
  14. They'll be seeded by then, and I meant the initial dry. I'm going to cure them after as well but not gonna wait to start smoking it anyways
    These colas are like over a quarter oz each so it's gotta have some ripe bud in the middle? or no

15. no

• Like Like x 1
  16. Do u own a jewelers loop/microscope ? If so post up close pics of trichomse not the ones on sugar leaves tho....not tryin to be shitty bro but we are tryin to help u not sabotage u

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeah but it's only 10x so I have a 100x coming in a day or two. From. What I can see w it though I'm seeing some amber on the sugar leaves and maybe 80-90% milky on the buds w 10-20% clear still. I'll update pics when the new scope comes in

• Like Like x 1
  18. Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see then won't we

19. I let hermie plants go to the end and it's great smoke with a seed here and there and some almost non at all. Those pistils will turn orange and maybe even shoot new pistils again. I understand your issue but I think you need to let them go longer. The leaves will have amber way before the bud, and especially the middle deep parts of the bud will be clear still. Amber could give you couch lock but with the sativa I've grown it doesn't and is better smoke with amber 20% in the deep portion of the bud.

20. They might be 7 gram now wet, but will be 1-2 when dry. A 7 gram dry nug is awfully big.