Ban on happy meals, the tip of the iceberg?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by No1weedsmoker, Apr 8, 2011.

1. For those of you that haven't heard, both NY and san fransisco have passed bills to ban toys in happy meals. here's the news article NY May Follow SF and Ban Happy Meal Toys

anyways, my point is, is it really the government's place to tell kids what to eat? yes, america has a massive problem with obesity, but the way I see it, that's survival of the fittest. if parents want to let their kids eat whatever they want, fine, they'll probably die sooner. good riddance. and any parent who says they have to get their kid a happy meal because of the toy, should learn to show some fucking authority.

I could go on and on about this, but I just want to leave you with a thought; if the government starts to try to heavily influence what we eat, what is next? I think it's a downward spiral that could eventually end up with them trying to tell us what to think...
    thoughts on this, opinions?

2. lol wtf is the point of banning a happy meal.

3. it's a bs initiative to try and get kids to eat healthier. i doubt it will work, the gov is just trying to make it look like they're doing something.

4. I think it is a good idea, prevents more kids from becoming fat fucks

5. None. It's another case of "government knows best" for you and your family.

It's a collectivist view that favors statism rather than liberty and individualism. For some reason people actually trust the government. LOL

Just hope they don't find something you like, and ban it / make it illegal. :smoking:

6. because it makes angry mom groups who have nothing better to do happy.

like parents won't feed their kids fatty foods because there is no happy meal..

how about feed your kids a happy meal, then let them go out and run around and play.. instead of feeding them a bowl of lettuce and having them sit in front of a TV or computer all day.

7. lol doesnt make any sense does it?

8. that's the parent's place to prevent the kids from becoming fatasses, not the government's.

9. i still don't understand why a parent can't just tell their kid that they can't have a happy meal, instead of ruining it for kids who have responsible parents that get them a happy meal every once in a while as a treat.

i used to love those fucking happy meals when my mom would get them for us.. i wish i ate more of them, because i'm a skinny fucker..

10. how does taking a toy out of a food box make the food more healthy and keep kids from becoming fat?

11. Like the same cunts that are agitating for Hooter's to be classified as an adult entertainment business. So sad! :eek:

12. should we ban butter and bacon too?

13. "i still don't understand why a parent can't just tell their kid that they can't have a happy meal, instead of ruining it for kids who have responsible parents that get them a happy meal every once in a while as a treat."

exactly.

14. their argument is that they are enticing them to eat the food by bribing them with the toy..
    but a family that feeds their kids McDonalds 5 times a week, will still do so with or without a free toy.
    if they remove the toy, these parents aren't all of a sudden gonna cook their kids a balanced meal everyday.

15. Its specifically because they think giving a toy as an incentive to eat is used as a subliminal tactic to get children in their establishment, when its McDonalds..

Def an example of our government overstepping its boundaries..

16. they're claiming it's like the same thing as having baseball cards in cigarettes... like the toy is the only reason they get the meal

17. #18 Aquoz, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
    By that rationale all advertising should be illegal. Correct? If the parents cannot be trusted to make a rational consumption decision on behalf of their child, then how on earth can they possibly avoid manipulative advertising (that's redundant, I know) aimed at the parents?

18. yeah i guess.. at least advertising geared towards children... like that sugary cereal that kids eat... do they still put toys in cereal boxes?

fuck i want some count chocula now :(

19. At the same time, am I the only person who as a kid, wanted that damn toy more than the burger itself? As a kid, for me it was about the experience of going to McDonalds, not the food itself. I hated the food as a child.

Still, not cool