Ballast!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nickkkkkk420, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Does anybody know how to hook up a ballast. Ive bought a 100w hps bulb and it says I need a ballast on my fixture. All I have is a single lamp. Please don't say look it up on google because I've tried and didn't find the answer... Please help me!

2. 1.) Buy ballast
    2.) Read instruction manual
    3.) .....
    4.) Profit

3. Oh they come with manuals? I thought it was just the ballast. Thanks!

4. Most new products that have electrical components come with some sort of manual

5. Another question. The stuff I read about the ballast always talks about the really long light fixtures. Like what they have in large buildings. I simply have a lizard lamp... Will that propose a problem?

6. This is the lamp. Do you even think it has a ballast? If so where can I find it?

image-2870823355.jpg

7. That looks like a clamp lamp

8. It is

9. So I can't put a hps in it?

10. You can't use an Hps in that clamp light the sockets are different

11. No, you need a ballast to fire a hps bulb. That is just a standard 110v light socket. It has no ballast, and the socket is wrong. A large cfl would work in that socket, but they aren't as efficient as hps lamps.

12. no,not going to work...

13. hahaha oh man i can only imagine how the restt of the grow is oging to go. you should probobly figure out what a ballast is before you start growing. it will make things easier for you