Ballast Kits

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Thadeus Polee, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Hello GC! So I was wondering about ballast kits. i want to get a 1000w hps, and can get one for around $80-$100, however, i was wondering how much cheaper (if at all) it would be to build one myself? If anyone has gone down this road, i'd love to hear some suggestions. I myself do not know too much about electrical, but my father is an electrician, so I should be able to do it fairly easily, and have it safe. Thanks

2. I don't know what a ballast kit is. You mean a hid lighting system? Or just some kit to build a ballast?

What are you really going to save? Is it worth having a fire and going to jail? How is it going to cool itself? Are you going to build one with a cooling fan? Cmon man, use a little common sense. Are you going to build the reflector and socket and cord set too?

3. haha! well usually you put a fan in it to cool it. and I wouldn't be building it! I don't fuck with electrical. but anyway, it looks like it's only going to be $10 less to buy it premade. and by kit, i mean one of those kits to build a ballast.