ballast and lights

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 360wayvin, Apr 15, 2010.

1. how do i hook up the ballast, and what am i suppose to look at outside on my meter to kno what kind of ballast to get ?

2. Most ballast plug into a standerd wall outlet, the type of ballast you buy depends on the type of light you are trying to run. Digital ballast will run both MH/HPS bulbs.

3. ok word thanks but i seen a video about doing sumpin with the meter outside reading it. could u or anyone tell me how im suppose read it so i could kno how much electricity im using ?:)

4. #4 Sativanya, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2010
    Watts is the amount of "power" being used. Best thing to do is look on your electrical bill and find out what you are paying p/kWh. For example take the light you are using lets say a 600w multiply it by the # hours used each day, lets say 18, that gives us 10800. Take this number and divide it by 1000 to find out your kWh used. 10800/1000 = gives you 10.8 So the amount of "power" you are using is 10.8Kw per day. Now take that number and multiply it by what YOU are paying p/kWh. If you are paying 10cents it will be a bit over a buck. See how that works?

5. lol thanx man. this site is really helping with all my questions. ima have to spend more time up here.:)