bagseed grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smokeyOG, Feb 18, 2013.

1. So one day i came across a few seeds in my bag and out of high induced curiosit, i germintated them.
    to my surprise, two white tails came out!
    i then said hell lets see if they grow and put them into a pyrex cup with dirt i got from outside. (lol i know, this is before i had done ANY research on growing.)
    Voila! up came two baby plants :D
    I put them under 2 long tube cfls and left them there watering in small amounts dailey w/24hours of light.
    i let them grow in the pyrex for about a 2 weeks and began conducting research for a proper grow.

after minimal research I quickly decided they needed to be in bigger, seperate pots, with more light...
    up until then the plants looked healthy and were growing suprisingly fast!

i then moved them into seperate jiffy pots and bought some orrganic soil to plant them in as well as two extra lights. (75watt) regular bulbs.. and a fan to create a slight breeze for the heat.
    this is where i beleive i went wrong...:(

the next day, i came to my room to check on them and the largest plants biggeset leaves were sagging to the ground and was really shrievled and dead looking..

heres the pics from start till now. 2 weeks in,
    20130205_183541.jpg

20130207_100925.jpg

20130214_112431.jpg

20130215_125237.jpg

20130215_125311.jpg

20130218_102751.jpg

20130218_153848.jpg
    i quickly removed the two extra lights, watered them thouroughly and turned up the fan speed.:eek:

now, two days later the plants still look weak, yellowish and shrivled, however they do look a little better than yesterday.

can anyone help me as to where i went wrong?:confused:
    this really wasnt a legit grow, so im not going to be too disappointed if they die (espeicially cause there in my dorm room), however i would like to learn it now and learn what not to do, so when i get my house in the next month or two, i can put time and money into a legit grow!

thanks for the help guys and gals!
    Happy Tokin!:smoking:

2. When you say regular bulbs do you mean incandescent or cfl (compact fluorescent light)?

3. So they were in the same cup? You then took them out and planted them in their own pot? If so then the problem could be that you disturbed the root system they had already established

Also it looks like you got incandecent bulbs, those are no good, you want cfl bulbs

4. Yes i had them in the same cup, and they arent cfls. And i was worried about touching the roots when i moved them. Would it be helpful to cut off the shriveled leaves?

5. At this point I think the plant is too young and dependent on the leaves. If they aren't totally dead then they're still producing energy for your plant.

Incandescent bulbs don't emit the correct type of light. You really need CFLs that emit a specific temperature light. You're looking for 6500K (K is kelvin) for vegetative growth and 2700K for flower. Look at actual wattage and not equivalent wattage as well. A 13W (60W equivalency) bulb is simply 13W.

Transplanting was a good call. Two plants in the a clear dish won't last long.

Your plants should recover, though you really shouldn't grow them in a dorm room. It's hard enough smoking in a dorm without getting caught; I can't imagine growing. I don't think the $200 worth of weed you might get is worth the two years you'll end up giving to the man.

6. [quote name='"smokeyOG"']Yes i had them in the same cup, and they arent cfls. And i was worried about touching the roots when i moved them. Would it be helpful to cut off the shriveled leaves?[/quote]

No leave em these are energy reserves for your plant thats why when you clone them you will notice a little yellowing, this is the plant using energy from its leaves to keep it from dying while it establishes new roots

7. Yeah its pretty sketchy, but i plan to move it in a week or two max. I didnt really think i would really do when i started, but once they sprouted i got excited and kept going.