Bagseed Grow #1 CFL

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by alexcore, Nov 24, 2007.

1. This is really my 2nd attempt at growing but my first attempt was unsuccesful so i'll just say its my first grow. My last grow was outdoor and I only had one plant and it got stepped on at a young age by an animal or something.

- 3 plants
    - Bagseed
    - Soil .25 - .10 - .10 Potting mix with organic fertalizers
    - Currently have 3 26w 6500k
    - In my closet
    - Still living with parents

Light cycle is on 18/6 and im ~7 days into veg, havent kept much track. Will add more lighting but as of right now the plants are within a cubic foot of eachother so im assuming 4800 lumens is okay for them right now?

I am going to change the lighting to 12/12 as soon as they reach 1foot. Thats about all I can think of right now. Thanks for looking at my journal and I appreciate all feedback. :)

Pics are from my camera phone. Got too lazy to pull out the cam but will include better pictures when they get a little bigger!
    peace

Attached Files:

2. looking good. but when there this low i would get thinner soil, then transplant them into that soil. also tell me about fans and carbon filters. otherwise looks like a good grow. was the shit that those seeds come from good?

3. What do you mean by thinner soil? When they get bigger I was planning on transplanting them again anyway into their final pots. I still need to go buy these and have no idea what size I should get. I know bigger is better but is it the heigth of the pot? Width? or overall capacity?

As of right now I have no fans on them but this has reminded me to and will get some in there asap.

I have thought about smell and everything but I still have no idea what to do about it. I have no duct inside my closet so I dont know if a carbon scrubber will be a possiblity. I have a link on how to make a free standing carbon scrubber but that will cost me 100 for the fan.

My plan as of now for smell is odor nuetralizers such as ONA and vinegar in a dish etc... And on top of that I will burn weed smelling inscence that my parents know I occasionally burn but I will just make that a habit and burn them on a daily basis.

The bag I got the seeds from were some mids my friend got a couple months ago. but from what i've heard is that it doesnt matter how shitty the bag was before you can still grow some dank bud. I dont know.

Thanks a lot for checking my grow out. I'll take some more pics tommorow.

Peace

4. IMO you should put them on 20/4 or even 24/0 for a couple weeks. I dont think that it'll have any huge effect but since your using CFLs you might as well. GL

5. Thank you for the advice I will take that into consideration!

Updates on them...

1st plant (Wendy) - Is looking overall very good IMO and looks to me like a different strain than the other two but who knows at this point. I only say that because it has developed more leaves than the other two and the shape is different.

2nd plant (Asshole) - Is worrying me a bit with the curling of the end of the leaves and browning. Color is slightly more yellow than the other two. Pretty sure its either a pH problem or the light was too close before.

3rd plant (Taco) - Growth is slightly behind but looks alot healthier than the other two in terms of shape and color.

Did not water them today bc I gave them a little too much water on friday. oops.

Pictures are in order of description. After that are group shots and a shot of my closet with lights on/off.

Attached Files:

6. Hey there GC :wave:

Heres the updates on my grow.
    I have transplanted all of them into 5 gallon buckets. I went to home depot and picked up Miracle Grow Organic, which is really all they had, and added some perlite I bought.

Plants look very good. Two are significantly smaller than the third one. You can tell by the pictures. I dont know if this is because the transplanting on the biggest one went the smoothest, or maybe its a male? I dont know as of now. The smallest one is worrying me a bit because it hasnt had much growth lately, but I think I just fucked up the transplanting the other day and stunted its growth for a few days.

I have thought about my options for getting a higher yield. I thought about doing lst but I really dont want to wait the extra time. So here is my plan. I am going to wait until I have 3/4 leaf sets and FIM them once at the top. After the new growth is well on it's way, and the bottom has grown out, I will finish my plants by topping all of the tops one time. Once my plan has recovered from both of these, I will turn the lights to 12/12.

Oh yeah, I took some marvelous pictures. I love the one with the water drop.:D
    Let me know what you think!

Peace.

Attached Files:

7. Plants are looking great and it seems like you got a pretty good plan
    I just topped my plants at their 3rd leaf set

Good luck