Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Badly Rooted Clones=Small Plants??? outdoor

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Grandma Gudenhi, Aug 1, 2011.

1. I used all clones this season. Three of my plants are smaller than they should be. These are also the three that didn't have roots showing (from the rockwool) when I planted them. Add to that the fact that last season our two GDP plants were very small and they also had no roots showing. So now I'm wondering, does it make a difference? Does it have nothing to do with it? Or what?
    Has anyone else made these same observations?

2. ya fucked up when you didnt let them root properly... when you planted them without the roots showing they had the shittiest root system you could possibly imagine... they went from producing roots to trying to produce foilage but its very stunted cuz the roots are so shit from your small error... im not sure HOW stunted they are but that is definatley why they are stunted unless you have other def or something going on..

3. Thanks for your input. I can't come up with any other reason for the stunted growth. I'm not a clone person. I figure if the dispensary has them up for sale, then they must be ready to go. I've been growing from clones for many years and have never had this problem until these past two seasons. I guess, in recent years, the cloners have been offering their stuff up before it's ready because they can't keep up with the demand around April/May.
    Next year, I'll make sure to get only well rooted clones, no matter how desperate I feel. My past purchases, if the roots weren't showing, I would just pick the clone up by the plant and if the rockwool stayed on then I figure it had roots. Next year I'm only getting clones if the roots can be seen.
    Anyone else have any opinions/observations you can post for me?