Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad weed experiences

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thurgoodmarshal, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Alright guys, long time reader first time poster. Lemme start out by saying that i used to smoke A LOT. Alright, so I know what getting high is ''supposed'' to feel like.

I have read a lot of threads and questions and stuff looking into it but no one really says the same thing I experienced. My heart doesn't start beating really fast. I'm not paranoid. I don't feel like I'm going to die. It's... different.

It all started one night when I went over to my cousins to smoke some herb, and he offered me a cigarette. I had never smoked any before but I gave it a try. Then proceeded to smoke from his pipe. That's when things changed for me.

I felt as though I was watching the world go by like on TV and then i would like snap back into reality, but only for a second or two, then I would space out again. And on top of that I felt like I had to keep reminding myself to breathe. It didn't last too long though, and I figured it had to do with the cigarette.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I'm smoking again, this time with my friend. He rolls up a j and the moment I inhale I have that same feeling again. I tried it on and off over the next few months experimenting and hoping for a different outcome but I can't get past it. Also I should mention that the more I did it, the worse it gradually got. I was now getting EXTREMELY insecure every time I smoked. I think that could be paranoia.

But finally the worst experience of all. Me and a buddy met up with these two chicks he knew and we all did E. I was feeling good and I figured smokin some weed wouldn't hurt. 5 minutes later I'm having the worst time of my life. I laid down on the grass and my body seized up. I literally couldn't move at all for about 10 minutes. Then when I finally could my body felt like jelly, like my skin was hanging down off my bones. I went and sat in the car and tried to get myself together but it lasted it seemed like forever.

(Oh, another interesting tidbit is that when I would smoke with friends I would get what they call ''lag.'' Like, they will be talking and say something to me and I don't answer right away, but in my head it's like they just said it, so I reply and they are like what? And I explain to them what I was talking about and they say that they had that conversation 15 minutes ago! WTF!)

So back on track, the rest of the gang gets back in the car and we are driving to find some place to sleep. Well I am still having trouble keeping a grip on reality, I'm not paying too much attention but I can hear what they are saying. And it freaked me out even more. Like the driver was looking back at me in the mirror and said like, ''oh, he snapped out of it.'' Couple seconds later, ''We lost him again.'' And it went on until I finally fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning I was fine.

That had to have been one of the worst nights of my life. I really didn't intend this post to be so long, but I kinda got on a roll and just went with it lol. Umm any advice you guys can give me on how to get over this would be great, or if you can tell me whats going on or if something like this has happened to you or someone you know? Thanks!

2. When I was still a minor, a cop searched me while I was baked. It was over some stupid shit I did, but luckily I did not have anything on me. Most likely the worst buzz kill I have ever experienced.

3. You have an EXTREMELY low tolerance. I would feel like that when I was 10, the good old days.

and probably a bit of anxiety as well.

4. the shitty trip was probably because of the E. The paranoia is common and you just gotta remind yourself marijuana can never hurt you, worked for me. Also the "watching everything through a tv" is normal. you start to pay less attention to your surroundings and more on your own thoughts. this can make you feel "trapped" in your own mind. also known as derealization. dont worry though its harmless

5. alright, cool guys. It makes sense that my tolerance has gotten low. Think I'll just start out with like a small hit or two and work from there. So has no one experienced the lagg?

6. My worst high experience was my first time actually getting high. It was really scary. Me, my friend, and a person I had just met all got together and decided to have some pot. I've had some before but I didn't get high (Well, I thought I was but I really wasn't at that time). So, for some reason, I was feeling bad. And, I was in a place I've never been to and this person decided to play music to help intensify the high. So, this stuff was supposed to be bad. We found out it was really good. But, thinking it was bad, I decided to have 6 hits within a 2 minute period (HUGE hits too). I did this because the last time I had it, I had like 8 hits and almost nothing. Just a bit of a stare. Within 3 minutes or sooner, I started laughing at something my friend said. After that, I couldn't stop. I was sitting on a bed and my laugh became very intense. I was also being very OCD, I could not stop bouncing back and forth. I still remember my laugh. It was scary. Almost psychotic in a happy and fun(?), non-killer way? Then, when I finally forced myself to stop, I was pretty scared. It didn't feel real and I was thinking I was dreaming. I again began to be OCD for another 10 minutes just stroking the bed. The rest was just me being very scared and panic attacks. I had 2 panic attacks just about going into a car after my friend said it could possibly be scary at first. It wasn't. I was really lucky though I had those two people around me. Once my friend saw that I wasn't really enjoying the experience, he was just there to help me through it. He didn't have anything else and just reassured me throughout the entire thing.
    That was like 5 months ago, and even now, I still can't grasp the fact that what happened that night actually happened. It still does not feel real and feels like a dream. It was pretty bad. But now, after that night, I've never gotten out of control again. Though, I also watch my intake now and am more careful.