Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad Trips

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SweetNStuff, Jan 6, 2015.

1. So I've been smoking for 4 years(not daily) and it all started last new year. My friend came over and we lit up...after we were all baked I began having the worse trip of my life..so scary. My fiance said the same thing happened to him before too and he wont even touch the stuff again( he will soon). Then last week I began having another bad trip, you know, one of hose thinking way too hard deals. So! Love smokin', don't love the freaky sh!t that my brain stumbles upon. What gives? How can we get back to the fun side of things?

There are different stages of being high.  In my experience, being high opens you up emotionally and mentally and making you far more sensitive.  To me that's where the fun "novelty" of recreational high comes from.  Normal things we see or do every day are given different meaning because we are looking at it in a new way. 

These bad moments while high generally come from some ignored emotional or cognitive dissonance.  Is something going on in your life that could have caused you to be exposed to a truth or way of thinking which you weren't ready for?  Were you over thinking about something specifically which caused you to spiral into an anxious funk? 

Most folks who experience this are actually experiencing an anxiety or panic attack - which can often come along with a equilibrium issues that can make you feel like you're falling or getting the spins, numbness of limbs, quickening heart rate, blurred vision and a sense of impending doom.

You might want to take a break or change your environment the next time you get high.  Go on a hike, have someone who isn't high take you on a late night drive - do something relaxing and confront any relapse of those anxieties.

There are a lot of threads on here with people asking about the same issues.  So, at the least know you aren't alone.

3. Yes this is so nice to know. Yes I was having some issues with religion and whatnot. So I began questioning everything. So ya...I'm gonna go search for those other threads. 

4. Great post. I completely agree. Changing environments should help.

5. There is no such thing as a "bad trip" for me when smoking weed. I wouldn't even consider it to be a trip.

I take mad hallucinogens and frequently have crazy out of body experiences. 

You can find a good amount of those threads at the bottom of this page under "Also tagged ..." and "Similar Topics" - just for easier finding. :)

Good luck!  You'll get through it. 

7. Just make sure your setting is comfortable and full of good vibes. Keeping yourself engaged will help the mind from drifting towards controversial topics of thought. Don't fret though, the introspection isn't always a bad thing. The highs morph our thought salience, making us more curious and prone towards pondering things we normally wouldn't while sober. The anxiety is just fueled from our fear of the unknown that surrounds it all, and it will anchor itself to you if you let it. Once you recognize the scary thoughts as harmless, you may find them to be irrational, or as something that will offer you new insight and personal growth.

8. Weed and dabs kick my ass, I have enough to last me years at the rate I use.

Here is what I do, get high in the evening, an hour before bed, take 2 tokes, Take one or two more after the first ones settle in.

Smoke an Indica and not a Sativa, sativa will fuck with your mind more.

Smoke less, smoke the right type and smoke when you are settling down for the evening.

Enjoy, its all in your head the bad trips, so just go easy.

9. Smoke les! You probably got great tree this time it something

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Well in my experience which is about a year now. Knowing what I'm smoking (sativa vs. indica), the setting you smoke in, what's on your mind before, and knowing what you're gonna do while high helps me . If I'm trying to relax I don't really smoke too much sativa because I probably would get anxious if I'm alone . Indica always seems to put me asleep watching movies. And then I try not to smoke if something's going on in life until I feel like I have it handled. The people I'm around definitely affects my high too because I don't find it enjoyable around people I'm not too comfortable with. And planning before I smoke helps me a lot too since I have ADHD. And I get a lot more done efficiently

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum