Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad Tripping. Need Advice From All.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MiddleAgedGman, Jul 2, 2012.

1. \t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\tMy history: I am 37 yr old. Been smoking regular for about 10 years. I do not live in a medical state. About a year and a half ago, I got a Volcano vaporizer. Once I started working from home about 18 months ago, I started using more regular. Every day. Maybe 4 times a day on the vaporizer. The quality I get here was pretty good. Some was the cheap stuff, some good kush too. Basically, I had a good tolerance to getting high. Never had a problem. Always made me feel great. I have a bad back, arthritis from sports and this helped out tremendously. I was also starting to gain weight due to being inactive while working from home. I got up to 250 lbs. for a 6'0" frame late last year. I had quit working out on a regular basis. Usually when active I was around 205. I was around 195 when playing sports.

My bad trip: I got some new stuff the first week in March. The smell was really strong. Really strong. It appeared to be a Kushy strain but didn't look like any I had seen. Like I said I am not in a medical state so its hard to tell. I tried it and after only two tokes from my volcano vape bag, I knew I was good. It stayed with me for the remainder of the night. I went out with a friend to a comedy club and had a great time. When I got back before I went to sleep, I decided to have a few more drags off a bag before I laid down to watch TV. My heart took off. Racing like crazy. Probably got up to around 120 bpm. I have had this happen before but this time it was way different. I freaked out for a second. I called a friend and they came and sat with me. I do Yoga so I just took some deep breaths. I also took an aspirin. After an hour, I was sleeping pretty well. My heart was up but I was calm.

A few days later, after working in the yard all afternoon because of a cookout I was having, I took two hits from my volcano off of some fresh in that batch. I had nothing to eat since lunch. My heart started racing like crazy. I got really sketchy all over. I laid down in the kitchen floor and a tingling sensation started to rise all over my body. A super bad trip. My mom got so worried that she called the paramedics. They came in and did a full EKG. My pulse was up at 100. My EKG was normal. Blood pressure was okay. Blood sugar was way low. I told them nothing about the weed. They suggested that I eat something. I went back to the barbeque. Had a meal. Went to lay down and the same thing started happening again. Heart beating really fast. Tingling. This time with some chest pain. I went to the emergency room to be safe. Told them nothing about the weed. They ran all the tests. I came back the same as in the paramedic truck. The doctor at the emergency room said that it was a panic attack. Gave me a prescription for xanax and sent me on my way. I didn't take one at the hospital because I have heard bad things about pills. I decided to go home sleep it off and call my regular doc. I saw my regular doctor days later. When I weighed at the doctors office I was 214. So I had lost about 35 pounds in three months to my surprise. My regular doc agreed that it was panic attack and gave me a lesser dose prescription and recommended me to a cardiologist. My cardio doctor gave me all the same tests. My heart rate was still up around 100. My EKG was normal but this time my blood pressure was slightly higher. I was also having some heart palpitations from the stress of all of this. He did full bloodwork. All normal. He did an echo of my heart. All normal. I wore a heart monitor for a month. He said that I needed to eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, etc. and quit stressing. Take a half a milligram of xanax when I needed to but that I was fine. I have only had to take the xanax a couple of times since March. Maybe 3 or 4.

What I am coming here for is advice. I have been exercising, eating right, doing yoga. My pulse is resting around 85-95 again. My blood pressure is 120/80 or below. I now weigh around 207. I need to know what to do in regards to vaping again. It was really beneficial to my pain in my back but I certainly do not want to have a bad trip again. Do you guys think that what I was having sounded like a panic attack? I don't like the idea of taking xanax and I have researched that marijuana helps anxiety. I was normal in January. Maybe my chronic use was helping me. Now I am in pain and a little stressed. Am I experiencing withdrawals from not smoking? Should I just try it again and take a xanax if I feel it coming on again? I just don't know what to do. I just don't want another bad trip. I do want to do marijuana for my back though. Its a catch 22.

I really need some advice and some help. Thanks for reading this everyone. Help if you know anything about this.

2. You'll be fine, just dont smoke as much

3. Ya just limit yourself. If you have not smoked in a while your tolerance will be lower which is really cool but don't load a bowl like the good ol days. Just take it easy.

I would not worry about the palpitations but then again I never take legal or medical advice from the stoner forum. But if it happens again don't lay on the kitchen floor. If you have a heart attack it will be a pain to sell a house that had a dead guy in the kitchen. Bathrooms are safe for that stuff, no one cares what happens in there.

4. Kush is not a way to meassure the quality of the weed.

5. Have you been having these bad trips with that 1 stash of 'bud'? Because it could have been laced if thats the only bud you've been smokong

6. Only had one bad trip with that one stash. It wasn't laced. It was smelly as hell and really strong. Haven't been vaping since.

7. i think your just getting a little old (no offence). i saw my dad fall out of a chair and pass out after smoking some really good shit. it does raise your blood pressure and blood pressure does that stuff. i would just smoke less. or invest in something that wont fuck you up as much as a vape.

8. [quote name='"MiddleAgedGman"']http://www.marijuana.com/members/thebeckness.46805/\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\tMy history: I am 37 yr old. Been smoking regular for about 10 years. I do not live in a medical state. About a year and a half ago, I got a Volcano vaporizer. Once I started working from home about 18 months ago, I started using more regular. Every day. Maybe 4 times a day on the vaporizer. The quality I get here was pretty good. Some was the cheap stuff, some good kush too. Basically, I had a good tolerance to getting high. Never had a problem. Always made me feel great. I have a bad back, arthritis from sports and this helped out tremendously. I was also starting to gain weight due to being inactive while working from home. I got up to 250 lbs. for a 6'0" frame late last year. I had quit working out on a regular basis. Usually when active I was around 205. I was around 195 when playing sports.

My bad trip: I got some new stuff the first week in March. The smell was really strong. Really strong. It appeared to be a Kushy strain but didn't look like any I had seen. Like I said I am not in a medical state so its hard to tell. I tried it and after only two tokes from my volcano vape bag, I knew I was good. It stayed with me for the remainder of the night. I went out with a friend to a comedy club and had a great time. When I got back before I went to sleep, I decided to have a few more drags off a bag before I laid down to watch TV. My heart took off. Racing like crazy. Probably got up to around 120 bpm. I have had this happen before but this time it was way different. I freaked out for a second. I called a friend and they came and sat with me. I do Yoga so I just took some deep breaths. I also took an aspirin. After an hour, I was sleeping pretty well. My heart was up but I was calm.

A few days later, after working in the yard all afternoon because of a cookout I was having, I took two hits from my volcano off of some fresh in that batch. I had nothing to eat since lunch. My heart started racing like crazy. I got really sketchy all over. I laid down in the kitchen floor and a tingling sensation started to rise all over my body. A super bad trip. My mom got so worried that she called the paramedics. They came in and did a full EKG. My pulse was up at 100. My EKG was normal. Blood pressure was okay. Blood sugar was way low. I told them nothing about the weed. They suggested that I eat something. I went back to the barbeque. Had a meal. Went to lay down and the same thing started happening again. Heart beating really fast. Tingling. This time with some chest pain. I went to the emergency room to be safe. Told them nothing about the weed. They ran all the tests. I came back the same as in the paramedic truck. The doctor at the emergency room said that it was a panic attack. Gave me a prescription for xanax and sent me on my way. I didn't take one at the hospital because I have heard bad things about pills. I decided to go home sleep it off and call my regular doc. I saw my regular doctor days later. When I weighed at the doctors office I was 214. So I had lost about 35 pounds in three months to my surprise. My regular doc agreed that it was panic attack and gave me a lesser dose prescription and recommended me to a cardiologist. My cardio doctor gave me all the same tests. My heart rate was still up around 100. My EKG was normal but this time my blood pressure was slightly higher. I was also having some heart palpitations from the stress of all of this. He did full bloodwork. All normal. He did an echo of my heart. All normal. I wore a heart monitor for a month. He said that I needed to eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, etc. and quit stressing. Take a half a milligram of xanax when I needed to but that I was fine. I have only had to take the xanax a couple of times since March. Maybe 3 or 4.

What I am coming here for is advice. I have been exercising, eating right, doing yoga. My pulse is resting around 85-95 again. My blood pressure is 120/80 or below. I now weigh around 207. I need to know what to do in regards to vaping again. It was really beneficial to my pain in my back but I certainly do not want to have a bad trip again. Do you guys think that what I was having sounded like a panic attack? I don't like the idea of taking xanax and I have researched that marijuana helps anxiety. I was normal in January. Maybe my chronic use was helping me. Now I am in pain and a little stressed. Am I experiencing withdrawals from not smoking? Should I just try it again and take a xanax if I feel it coming on again? I just don't know what to do. I just don't want another bad trip. I do want to do marijuana for my back though. Its a catch 22.

I really need some advice and some help. Thanks for reading this everyone. Help if you know anything about this.[/quote]

In my opinion, it wasn't the vaping that was the issue-but rather the lack of proper nutrition.

9. Thanks for all the replies! I understand that may have been the issue one time but I did feel anxious for some time after the bad trip. It went away about a month after. Its been 4 months since my last vape. I am feeling good but still a tad anxious when I think about doing it again. I used to be okay with my heart racing a little, it actaully made me feel good, but the tingling that radiated all over my body like anxiety threw me for a loop. I have never felt that before.

10. omg u got the xannxies now, lol pop those and you will nevverrrr freak out. but yeah maybe vape isnt for you anymore? try something less harsh (imo vape is like extreme high..)

11. Yeh dont smoke/vape too much if your tolerance is low. The anxiety is mainly a result of your blood sugar levels, so make sure you eat shortly before you toke, preferably something sugary e.g. sugary fruit. The healthier the better. Then just set aside some time where you have nothing to do, you can be as high as you want without worrying about anything, and just relax. Take it nice and slow, find something fun to do (you could put a movie on, video game, do something creative, masturbate lol). Enjoy my friend and realise its just weed, whats the worst that can happen?

12. This could possibly be it. After the EMTs got there the first time, my blood sugar was 59. Really low. Even though I feel great, I feel tingling at times. Perhaps I should get one of those blood sugar tests to see where I am at daily. I know MJ lowers your blood sugar anyway so maybe if mine is already low, that was the culprit.

13. you got stoned too quickly. that's a really good way to start off a panic attack. your blood sugar was low because it can suddenly drop when you get super baked at a quick pace. you should be fine. i highly doubt you need to load yourself with anxiety pills, too. just relax, get higher at a slower pace, and enjoy. take it easy:smoke:

14. Hey Dude, you sound pretty experienced. But there could be a little information that would help you. Check out the guide in my Signature! It sound's like you had some freakishly-low tolerance to that strain or something. Not sure what happened! Good luck! :smoke:

15. Well, I still haven't toked up since March. I am down to 194 lbs from 250 lbs back in January. I have had a few anxiety attacks since. Different from before though. These kinda start like butterflies in my stomach and I get tight on my shoulders and chest. Doctors told me to start taking a probotic daily. Recently, the docs discovered I have been Vitamin D deficient. My level was at 21 and should be over 50. Could this be what's causing this feeling? Not sure but I am on the longest T break I have had in about 10 years. What do you blades think?

16. #16 SelfGoverned, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    edited