Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad trip?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by imjlotherealone, Oct 25, 2008.

1. I've been smoking for about 5 months now (since the start of the summer), but I never bought any of my own until last week. It was 100 bucks for 8 grams of (allegedly) quality bud.
    Two days ago, i rolled up a joint for myself with maybe a gram or a little more inside, mixed with about a half gram of tobacco so I could get blazed before school. This was in the morning. I hadn't packed it too tight, and the inhalation was more acrid than any I'd had before (to be sure, I hadn't actually smoked any from a joint before that...only from bongs or bowls). I was alone, and I burnt through the whole thing in about 10, 15 minutes. I coughed a lot. So anyways, I was completely fucked up for the next half hour...sat on the bus staring at the window frames for the entire time. But then the sort of nauseous feeling wore off (that was probably from inhaling too much smoke at once, same thing happened first time i smoked a cig) and gave way to an almost drunkenness, like time was just crawling along. I also couldn't walk really properly. At the same time though, I was feeling really happy and social. I was like this for about an hour and a half or so, just really chill and laughing convulsively at just about anything. It wore off quick though, and 3, 4 hours later, it was pretty much all gone. But I was relaxed for the rest of the day.

Yesterday, I decided to get baked again, and called up my friend to meet me. He said we could meet up at like 3, 4ish in the afternoon, so meanwhile, I decided to just chill in the park, smoke a few cigs, and finish reading Hamlet. I ended up smoking about 3 cigs in 3 hours or so before he came. When he got there, we lit one up, with about the same amount of bud as there was in the day before, and passed it back and forth. The smoking itself was about the same as the day before, just acrid and harsh. Near the end, my friend got hit bad by the spins, and decided to stop. I finished up for him, since I wasn't feeling any of that (yet). In fact, it felt as if I had skipped the entire nausea period that happened the day before. After 3 tokes or so, I was yammering on like a motherfucker.
    We decided to walk to CVS after toking up and get drinks. It was about a 5 minute walk, and on the way, my friend managed to recover from the spins and started feeling the high. I, meanwhile, was getting worse, and felt sick by the time we got to the CVS. I couldn't focus on things properly, and I almost broke a couple of bottles of Arizona cause I was just nauseous as hell. I couldn't read any signs (not that my eyesight got worse, but I just couldn't READ). On the checkout line, I couldn't stand just...standing there, and I felt like lying down.
    On the way back, it was pretty much the reverse of how it was when we were going there. My friend was the one who was droning on, smiling and laughing, and I was the one who could barely stand. For some reason though, I was smiling nonetheless.
    We went to the library, and there parted ways, since he had some tutoring shit going on. I ended up buying a couple of cookies, sitting in a chair, and downing that shit with some Arizona. I must've freaked a bunch of people out, cause I was just sitting there in a chair, red-eyed and staring at the DVD section. I didn't even move, since any movement gave me sudden waves of nausea. There was a little kid running around that I wanted to fucking choke cause he was making my head go loopy but I decided not to because I'd probably faint on the way getting out of my chair. So I just sat there for another 15 minutes, drinking and eating cookies. Then I walked around, tried to sober myself up with water in my face, and biked home. Strangely, the bike ride helped soothe the nausea, so that by the time I got home, I was reasonable coherent and conscious. But I ended up just getting on my bed and sleeping for an hour.
    After the nap, I was better, but I still felt a little nauseous. My mind also wasn't working very well; I kept zoning out when my dad was talking to me, and I told my girlfriend on the phone that I had sent her an email when I really hadn't, etc. I was just kind of in a haze/apathetic for the rest of the day. Which wasn't long anyways.

So here I am today, feeling a little better, but still kinda wary.
    To the medical experts in the community - What do you think that was all about?

I've only managed to come up with two reasonable explanations,
    one, that having all that nicotine in my system from smoking must've perverted my high (d'oh)
    or two, that there was still too much THC left in my system from the day before.

Any diagnosis of this problem would be greatly appreciated. I really want to get baked again.

2. First off, you don't "trip" off weed. Kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Anyway, my initial reaction was that your body wasn't acquainted with nicotine, but you say you smoked 3 cigs while waiting for your buddy, so that isn't the problem. Is his body used to it? That could explain his situation.
    Other than that, the other two reasons I can think of would be if you smoked on an empty stomach, or perhaps what you think was good weed was in fact schwagg, which can often react poorly with the body.
    Nicotine won't curtail or worsen a high, and having "too much THC left" in your system just doesn't happen.

3. Thanks.
    How would you differentiate between schwag and chronic though? I've never really had to do that before, so I'll just give you a general description of the bud. It's sort of medium light faded greenish and the fresh smell is really nice and stronger than any I've ever smelled before.

The empty stomach thing was kind of true, the last time I had really eaten food had been 7 or so hours ago. But I did have two cookies BEFORE my friend came too...don't know if that can effectively stave off an empty stomach.

Also, my friend smokes a lot more regularly and for longer than me, so I don't think there's any lack of tolerance on his part.
    Should I just use less bud next time?

4. Sounds like Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

That happens when you burn too much stuff and inhale it. I suggest stronger weed, a vape, making hash, or just prepping your bud.
    Remove the stems and seeds, just smoke the bud.