Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bad Trip From Blue Dream

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ABzerotolerance, May 20, 2013.

1. So I just started smoking in the past year, in August. I probably smoked once or twice a week for the whole year until closer to the end when i would smoke more regularly. I do remember the first few times I was high my body would react differently each time, however I would not describe any of those times as "bad", save one. Back in January I went on a 3 to 4 week break because of a bad experience I had with someone's Blue Dream.

I was with some friends and we were passing a blunt around. I took my first hit and everything was fine, but it came around to me again and my second hit sent me to a very abnormal, scary place. I coughed for about a minute, then after that the high really started to sink in. I'm talking zero short term memory, dangerously high heart rate, total vision impairment, ringing ears, and a general sense of dread and panic. All I remember from that period of time was that panicky feeling, occasionally hearing my friends call my name, and trying to repeat to myself who I was and where I lived. After about 3 or 4 minutes of trying to get me to come down, my friends finally got a bag of ice and put it on my forehead. Immediately I was "back", could see again, could think again, my friends said I went from ghost white to complete color in about 5 seconds. I was still very, very high but to a point where I was no longer a human vegetable.

Later that night I got a ride from somebody. Walking from their car to my door, I noticed that my motor skills were incredibly jittery and uncontrollable. When I got up to my room, there were a few things that needed doing and it was about 11:30 when I got home. Still incredibly high, I noticed there were moments where I had absolutely zero body control and was completely immobilized, unable to move at all. Once I could, I just decided to go to bed and sleep it off. For that entire next day, I felt like I had an awful hangover: nagging headache, light sensibility, zero concentration. Overall this was a pretty bad experience for me. It made me go on a month break, where I did research on the health effects of marijuana and how often "bad trips" occur. Eventually, after talking with friends and looking at the facts, I concluded that my experience was rare and unlikely to occur again. Sure enough, it hasn't and I still enjoy smoking quite a bit.

The point of this post was to share my story and ask your guys' opinion. Has anything like this ever happened to you? What do you think made this happen? Someone told me the weed might've been laced with something, but it was with guys I continued to smoke with afterward so I find that option unlikely.

2. Unless the friend that rolled the blunt is quite "mischievous" I doubt it was laced. Drug dealers don't normally give away free drugs.

My first thoughts when you talked about the initial "attack" and after effects are that you might have been dehydrated or had an adverse reaction because of the condition your body may be in. As in you were eating a particularly salty diet that day or something along those lines.

I'm no doctor though. If it happens again, see yours(your doctor). Your health is more important than your high in my opinion. And most (good) doctors know that weed is not inherently bad for you unless you have particular underlying conditions.