Bad Time To Grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by random_shit_name4, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Hey everyone! This is my first time growing and I'm planning on growing outdoors. I live in western Washington. I'm ordering some white widow seeds that I've heard are good for the pnw because they flower quickly. I'm just worried that it's a bad time to grow for my area. Thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Im pretty sure it will be too late to start them outdoors, but you may have a little luck if you can get them going indoors then put them out to flower once they are a couple feet tall. Wait for someone with more knowledge about the flowering times in your area chimes in.

3. well the seeds I'm getting are supposed to flower in 50-60 days

4. It is too late for outdoor growing. Plan ahead for next year, good luck.

5. 50-60days is how long it takes for them to start flowering to finish flowering. You still have to veg them first before they flower otherwise you will get jackshit yield out of them. Best save them for an indoor grow or until next year's outdoor run.

6. Okay, when should I plant them? I just planned on planting them outside

7. Next year during autumn if you want a half decent yield. If you planted them now they will grow to about a half foot tall then start flowering because they will not be getting enough sunlight and you wont get much of a yield from them.

8. Alright sorry about all the questions haha but will it make a difference that I'm not veging them indoors?

9. depends how many hours of sunlight you have outside.

10. For the love of god buy a few grow books and do some reading. Come back next season.

11. Yes, this!!!

This is my first time growing, yet I've been studying the grow bible and another grow book off and on for 10 years.

My fully mature (though small) white widow clone is getting ready to flower.
    The seed of a different strain was germinated indoors in April. Now it's almost 5 ft.outdoors.

Gardening takes research!

12. #12 snoopdog6502, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
    Western Washington you can start a grow now just plan on bringing it in to finish under lights for a Christmas harvest.
    Or a greenhouse with supplemental lighting.

I started my Christmas crop in September last year.

13. Yea like Sgt said take the time to read the books. Come next spring you should have the rust knocked off and be ready to grow.

14. Had to make another thread becuse you didn't like what you were told.