Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad thing about dugouts :(

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JaysForDays, Mar 2, 2013.

1. #1 JaysForDays, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
    I've had one of those fake cig ones for a while and it's kind of a bitch to use unless you're on the go. The box part is cool but the pinchy itself gets hot as hell after only one use, and you have to wait a couple mins inbetween each time you pack it.. Any solutions to this?

2. #2 tstick, Mar 2, 2013
    They are designed for on-the-go use...but it sounds like you're not utilizing it properly.

What you want to do is this:

You put some ground up weed in the box part and then you "stab" the end of the pinch hitter into the weed and it packs itself...but not jammed so tightly that no air can flow through it. You might have to experiment with the size you grind the weed to...the dryness of the weed...etc. If the weed is really sticky, then just pull of a few calyxes from the bud and hit those.

If it gets too hot then you're likely holding the flame on it for too long...maybe because the bowl is packed so tightly and it's hard to pull...? I have a glass one that looks like a cig and it works like a charm. I've never had any problems with it getting too hot.

The only criticism I have with it is that the bore is small and gets clogged with tar...which reduces the bore even more and then it must be cleared with some kind of poker. I use a coat hanger wire that I bent to an appropriate shape.

But maybe we are talking about two different things...?

3. Oh no that's exactly what i do, and after I pack it and light it it gets waaaaay too hot by the time i ash it, I have to use my sleeves to hold it. Then, I have to wait a good 1-2 mins for it to cool down for a repack. I realize it's only for on the go use, but even on the go you wouldn't just pack it once and go, you know what I'm saying?

4. Could it possibly be because it's metal?

Try getting a glass one and it should retain heat better, thus fixing your problem.

5. Roll the bat in between your hands really fast.

6. Ugh, my dad loves his. His stupid fake cigarette has half the paint worn off and resin oozing out the mouthpiece. Lol

7. Walk up to any stoner and hand them a used cigar butt oozing with tar and say, "hey, I just found this on the ground, take a hit", and they'd look at you as if you're certifiably insane over just how disgusting that idea really is...

...but turn that nasty cigar butt into a roach, and suddenly it's a party... :rolleyes:

8. #8 tonster0161, Mar 2, 2013
    solution to easy cashing and unclogging of hitter:keep a paper clip or 2 on/around you.

tips on keeping the one hitter cool: don't torch the hitter,use indirect flame to get it going.and if your LHS sells one hitters they more than likely carry these kinds.there designed to keep your fingers and mouth from getting burned.

edit:if your hitter is getting to hot to hold after one pack then you either have an extremly small hitter and your torching it,or you have a really low tolerance for heat lol

Attached Files:

9. I think you should look into getting a glass blunt. It's kind of like a dugout, but ....not.

Or, you could wrap a little bit of that blue painter's tape or a small piece of hose or something to insulate against heat buildup.

10. #10 jdlsdlsl, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017

11. I can say that I had a little brass one that got really hot really fast. but the glass one I use now doesn't have that problem.

12. Time to get a glass bowl.

13. I'v got a dug out and have not had that heat problem. The problem i have is bud dries out in the dugout and it doesn't pack so well in the dugout, so i just pack it by hand. Also make sure to not grind up to small because its easy to inhale bud if its too small.

14. Just a tip, when using dugouts, use your lighter as a mirror.

You'll know when the dugout cherries up, so you can stop lighting it.

15. For some reason i saw donuts lol. Theres nothing bad about donuts. I like my glazed with sprinkles. Lmao

16. Lol sorry op but this a really easy question to answer. How about you hold it like a joint or hold it just with your mouth? I fucking love my dugout.

17. bro! my friends dad has 1 too!!! we all love it, its 15 years old hahahaha. i feel like all dads that toke have a ciggerette 1 hitter and love it!

18. what i did with my friends oney when it was mine is i wrapped it in athletic tape ( the stuff boxers wrap there knuckles with) and it 100% eliminated the problem :) but i have my own comming soon in the mail :) just ordered yesterday from grasscit :) but its the digger 1 hitter this time :)