bad set of seeds or do I need more light?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bout350green, Dec 19, 2015.

1. hello everyone

Beginning of November I began my first LED grow with 4 White widows. They took upwards of 11 days to germinate which seemed odd compared to my previous germinations only taking 2-3 days. Once they germinated and I put them into vegging they grew a total of 1-2 inches before completely stopping for 3 weeks until I scrapped them. I tried the free seeds I received and only a couple germed after 10 days as well and then the same story in vegging. I'm using 2 pro grow 180 LED'S and I tried just the vegging spectrum and full spectrum and neither helped. I'm growing in a 3x3 tent so do you guys think that 2 pro grow 180's aren't enough (roughly 300-320 watts) or do you think I just got a bad set of seeds.

Side note: these seeds are from a different seller than the other seeds I've bought

Maybe I should add some cfl's into the mix? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks guys.

2. what is your water PH at ? Do not know why you have a slow germination, but the slow weg, sounds like fertilizer lockout. I water always with PH of 5.6

3. I think you have plenty of light. I have 2 * 145 W LED. And my plants love it.

4. #4 Bout350green, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    my ph has been right around 5.6-6.0. I didn't use any nutes in my water yet though

5. I use. 60% soil and 40% leca. I know that my PH is at the low end, but my little ladies grow fine

6. good that you have not used fertilizer in your water in the first 3 weeks. there should be plenty in Thor soil. I'm no expert, but always a good idea to start with proper seeds. I germinate in jiffi pots. they are very cheap and works every time. I run my light 24/0 throughout weg. After 4-5 days, they are ready to be planted on. then just water and lighting for the next 15 days. then I start gently with fertilizer, about 10-15% of the recommended dose.

7. I'm kinda leaning towards the seeds being crap. I germed them in a little dish with wet paper towels and kept them nice and wet

8. If they germinate they should grow. They might grow a little stunted at first but they should be okay. Your better off with good germination but IME its not a deal breaker.