Bad reaction to pain killers

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Corey72, Feb 6, 2009.

1. A good buddy of mine seems to have had a bad reaction to a pain killer. He was prescribed some generic percs the watson 10-650s. His girl just told me that he was over at the neighbors house smoking some weed after taking 1
    of those pills and a half hour after taking the pill he slumped over in his chair and had a seizure and hit his head. After that he made him self throw up it get that pill out. He seems a little out of it, and dosent want to go to the hospital.

Now what dosent make sense is the other day he took a generic perc but 10-325 and was fine. i dont get it?

I know yall aint doctors but alot of you have had alot of experiences and may have had a clue what happened.

2. Dude he really needs to go to the hospital.. He had seizures and hit his head on a table, he at least needs to get checked out. Since he has a script why is he worried?

3. in the state of florida they can take your drivers license for 6 months after having a seizure. but im sure after getting checked out and being that it was just from the pill they prolly wouldn't yank his license.

4. They will only yank it if you have a medical condition that causes seizures because it means there is a high chance it will happen again. Bad reactions to a certain med isn't really his fault or a chronic problem.

And what part of FL are you from? I'm in the 727 myself..

Honestly though dude he really needs to get looked at, I wouldn't be saying it if I didn't think it was necessary.

5. 561. i totally agree on the trip and his girl does to but he dont wana go. its not so much that i think hes more scared and not thinking.

6. You guys should sit him down and just talk to him and let him know you're worried.. If he still won't agree to go you can always call an ambulance and have them come and make sure that nothing is overtly wrong with him, and they can make a better diagnosis than I can.

I've called them for dumber shit without a problem, EMTs are always nice and helpful guys.

7. #7 Cameron8679, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
    I doubt it's anything seriously dangerous/likely to cause permanent physical or mental damage, still doesn't hurt to get checked out.

In most people, 10mg of Oxycodone would not be likely to result in the effects he's experienced; it's possible he could have a genetic enzyme deficiency or similar problem with the enzymes used to breakdown and metabolize whatever he took/was taking with the Oxy? People with enzyme deficiencies get hit by an extremely potent or dangerous experience while someone with normal amounts of the required enzyme wouldn't feel nearly as much as he does.

Another possibility is that his blood pressure got too low because he smoked weed, and he just dropped and hit his head... but that wouldn't explain a seizure, if he really did have a seizure. Or just as likely as any possibility, he just got hit particularly hard and wasn't ready for it, shit happens.

8. Listen to Cameron, he knows his shit.

9. I see that.

10. Well, I hope your friend is alright man, let us know what happens.

11. he is also allergic to aspirin. but the perc has APAP witch is the active ingredient in Tylenol right? i just dont understand the fact that he took a 10/325 and had no prob and takes a 10/650 and seizes out?

12. #12 KeinMitleid, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
    Yeah, APAP is Paracetamol which is generic tylenol. I've never heard of this shit happening either, its odd.

13. Due to this, and barring any mixture with other drugs, he isn't enzyme deficient. If he's taken the same dose of oxycodone in the past and been fine, there's no reason he should experience what he did solely because of a reaction to oxycodone.

14. Did he smoke the day he took the 10/325?

15. OP said he did.

16. Oh thanks.

A half hour is barely long enough for the Oxycodone to get into your system. Does he have any past experience with seizures?

I donno, there definitely sounds like there could be more to the story then what you've said but I don't expect you to know everything about what happened. Is he alright now?

17. I don't think it takes nearly a half hour for that shit to get in your system.. When I blow roxies I feel that shit in about 10mins and when I chew and eat them it only takes around 20mins before I'm groovin' on it.

I like your sig to powrd.

18. like the others, he should get checked out. sounds like it could be some reaction to the APAP,but still doesnt make sense. he could be allergic to either oxycodone or APAP. an ER visit never hurts.

honestly, i highly doubt its epilepsy. but let a doctor say something.

19. No he didnt smoke the other day when he took the 10/325. He does some time take zertec cuz hes alergies. Maybe that had a reaction?

He just txt msg me he said he feels ok today.

20. Just got off the phone with him he told me he forgot to tell me he took a
    antibotic "doxicillin". He took the doxicillin on an empty stomach an hour before
    the perc.