Bad power supply..?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by whammy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Hey guys I haven't spent much time in this side of the forum, I just ordered a computer and have an issue i'd like some input on. The machine I purchased was on a holiday-type sale, limited supplies style, It was near what i wanted to build myself for (CAD)$1200~ but for $900  on sale, I hadn't seen a gtx 760 in a prebuilt machine that wasn't hugely overpriced so i hopped on it!
    But now i may have a problem, as it has a thermaltake tr2 600watt powersupply.. apparently there is 2 types of these, one is trash the other is ok? I can't tell which i have as the computer hasn't arrived yet, and they ran out(?) and pulled the computer listing from the website..
    Is this a thing? Do prebuilt computers come with powersupplys that aren't good enough often.. 

2. The power supply won't be top of the line in terms of efficiency and build quality but it will be more than adequate for the system you've ordered. Thermaltake wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldnt lose any sleep over using one in a build

3. what musicman said pretty much. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but next time build your own so it isn't even an issue.