bad news for a'dam

Discussion in 'General' started by weedzilla420, Jan 18, 2006.

1. bladez i just read a disturbing article about a possible bird flu outbreak ocurring in the netherlands. it doesn't sound good and i'd really hate to see anything bad like that happen to that city.
    http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/17/060117191906.h45eor3z.html

Flu pandemic could kill 40,000 in Netherlands: official
    Jan 17 2:19 PM US/Eastern
    Email this story

A flu pandemic triggered by a new strain of virus against which people would have no defense could cause 40,000 deaths in the Netherlands, according to the country's public health institute (RIVM).

"These are estimates in the case of an extreme pandemic in the Netherlands and in the rest of the world," Bas Kuik, a spokesman for the health ministry which funds the institute, told AFP.

Over a three-month period, such a virus could make a quarter of the Dutch population -- about four million people -- ill, according to the worst-case scenario by the institute's experts.

A wave of normal flu kills around 900 people each year in the Netherlands, the ministry said.

In October, the Dutch public health minister Hans Hoogervorst said his service had stocks of anti-virals to care for 30 percent of the population in the case of a pandemic, and that the government expected to buy some 4.8 million more doses.

Copyright AFP 2005, AFP stories and photos shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium

2. wow this is gettin to be pretty damn scary, hope they dont poison the bud ther lol...but in all seriousness thats fucked up man, how the hell did this disease come up its crazy....im officialy NEVER eating chicken if it ever hits the states

3. ugh you dont contract it from eating chicken..............dont worry its all hype its gonna simmer down like sars....trust me skeptics predicted like a 2 months ago we had 30days to contain it or it would definatly be an epidemic by then.................never happend did it

chill people chill

4. i hope you're right

5. i usually am......if im not you can come steel my weed, k?

6. lol thot u got it from eating, boy do i sound like a fucking retard

7. if anything.....outbreaks will probably mostly isolated on europe asia area.....US wont see much of it imo

im almost certain just eating chicken doesnt give it to you

8. Naww man you prolly gotta fuck a chicken fer that shiz to happen.

9. ^^^^HAHAHA

soo true

10. LOL - did any of you read that? It was a worst case scenario, if it is as deadly as people think, if it is able to transmit easily, and if noone has any immunities anywhere, it could theoretically do that if it got into the netherlands and was completely uncontained. That's not a 'This is what's going to happen' it's a 'keep your eyes peeled and your hands washed.'

I could probably write the same report about the US given a little fact research, and it would sound even worse. It's important to prepare, to set standards and responses, but it's stupid to panic

11. hopefully my boy Hans Hoogervorst will take care of it

12. I thought at first this bad news would be they criminalized it. Wheew

Watchsomedouche bag blame the flu on Cannabis smokers. If they did. Damn they would have to be dumb.

13. hahaha.... oh man... i thought you had some bad news for me at first :p