Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad High

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iChaser, Feb 1, 2009.

1. I smoked a joint last night since i had some friends over and when my high started to kick in it was a little more than i wanted. It got to the point to where i lost all control and started freakin out mentally. I didnt know what was going on arond me, I couldnt hold conversations. It was bad. ive been high plenty of times before and ive never had a bad experience like that until now. I got really sick and threw up a couple times. i finally started comin down into just a regular high where i was ok. And eventually i fell asleep. when i woke up i felt fine. went to work and was still high! it had been about 16 hours since i smoked. i lost all sense of time and ability to hold intelligent conversations. its been about 24 hours since i smoked and im pretty much over it bt i was wondering if anyone had any ideas what could have been wrong??:confused:

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

2. Were you paranoid before doing it?
    also it wasn't laced right?

3. Yea a little bit paranoid. we were playin pong in our dorm room and i was a little worried about gettin caught. and no the bud i smoked was just some regs that ive smoked before

4. From what I've heard (I havent smoked yet,so in no way am I an expert), but when you are paranoid before a toke then it could end up bad.

5. Paranoid before toking will just make you paranoid while high, not make you brain dead for 2 hours... Lots of my friends have had bad weed trips at first, but not that bad. It's usually just they get the spins

6. ive heard that too. i think thats what the problem was

7. This happens a lot more than you may think, especially among less experienced smokers and/or in people with anxiety/panic disorders. Bad trips are also more likely to happen with bad weed, you said you were smoking regs, that could have attributed to it. Being anxious or paranoid initially can definitely increase the likelihood of having a bad trip. On top of that, being felling "more" high than you desire can increase anxiousness rapidly and can lead to Substance Induced Acute Panic Attacks. Any one that has experienced an Acute Panic Attack on weed knows how scary it can be, you may get racing thoughts, mental confusion, and a whole host of symptoms that come with panic attacks. Best thing to do in this situation is to just tell yourself "I only smoked weed" "I've been high before and this will go away" "I'm fine and nothing bad will happen to me" I know it sounds silly, but that's the best way to ween yourself out of an episode, just keep your cool and eventually you will relax.

As for still feeling high 16 hours later, that could be due to the fact that marijuana has a half life of 1-3 days. Now most smokers would tell you they do not feel the effects of marijuana past 2-5 hours after smoking and would most certainly say that they are not high for 3 days. However even though you may not feel high, your body is technically intoxicated several hours after smoking, and this is probably more noticeable if you are having a negative reaction to marijuana.

8. I apprecite the thorough response. this explains alot. I think you hit the nail on the head with this explanation.

Ive taken this experience and realized that i now know more about how my body reacts to weed and have more clearly defined my boundries when it comes to my smoking habits.