Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad for your health?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RipIt1, Aug 26, 2009.

1. So I've heard rumored around here that it's bad for you to hold cannabis smoke in your lungs for more than roughly 5 seconds. True or False?

Thanks GC! :smoke:

2. Obviously, it is. Not near as bad as tobacco smoke, though. Fuck Cigarettes.

3. the very little extra thc isn't worth the tar IMO:smoke:

4. Duh that shit gives you cancer, makes you rape women and run people down in the streets! Havent you seen Reefer Madness! Thank God the government is there to tell us the truth about this devil weed!

5. After about 6-8 seconds your body has gotten as much of the THC as possible. Anything after that is just fucking up your lungs for no reason. You may feel like you get higher but that's just because you're getting light headed from holding your breath.

6. Thanks guys! I haven't been doing this obviously but I just wanted to see if it was actually true. :wave:

7. Not going to lie, my lungs are pretty messed up. Sad stuff.

8. wtf is up with your sig?

9. :eek:
    I CANT UNSEE HIS SIGNATURE!!!
    THE PAIN!!!!!

10. Majority, if not all is absorbed by your body within 5 seconds of inhaling. Basically, you want to inhale and hold it long enough (I just hold between 3-5 secs) so the thc is absorbed, and that you can exhale the SMOKE.

Holding it in for long periods of time is fucking stupid because you're not getting any "more" thc, you're just allowing the tar and other carcinogens to stay in your lungs. Not only this, you're depriving yourself of oxygen which leads to the common "dizziness" feeling. You're not getting "high" when this happens, you're getting dizzy cause you're lacking oxygen (trust me, there's idiots who think they're getting more high when this happens).

11. Maximum is 5 seconds, all holding in for longer will do is let the tar stick to your lungs.