Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bad experience yesterday

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Stevo721, Nov 13, 2008.

1. So yesterday I picked up 2 bags of sour deisel. I was smoking with my friend (who has a medium tolerance to weed) and his girlfriend (who pretty much has no tolerance). Anyway I rolled a blunt and we started smoking, after we were finished we all went back to my friends house and all of a sudden my friends girlfriend starts freaking out. She starts buggin out on his bed saying shit like "how do i make it stop" and stuff like that. She had a full on anxiety attack for about an hour and half. I felt so bad that this happened to her. Has anyone else been in similar situations, how do you comfort someone that is having this happen to them?

2. uhhh nothing like that with weed

3. give them some food and something to drink.
    then just put them to sleep.

i've had the same thing happen
    i went to go visit family in WA
    and i blazed my aunt [same age as me] out on some chronic
    she started trippin' out, crying and then throwing up
    i tried calming her down
    and then we all put her to sleep

4. I've seen this happen to people with a very low tolerance if they get super baked and the paranoia sets in. Even now, when I have been smoking daily for as long as I can remember, I still get very terrifying paranoia at times, but I am able to stop it pretty quickly.

Next time, try to get the person who's experiencing this to relax, the more stressed they get the worse it's going to be. I agree with giving them something to drink and putting them in bed, or helping them chill out. Maybe pop in a movie for them and remind them that the high will wear off before long ...

5. I've heard of keeping sleeping pills on you for newbies that might freak out - you can give a low dose to chill them out and a larger one to put them out if necessary... Food, water, safe place, good friends, no pressure, take it slow is what I say.

Hope it doesn't but them off too much.

6. Stop smoking BLUNTS - the tobacco can have a nasty reaction to the leaf, and besides, it's HORRIBLE to mix tobacco with MJ.

7. I've definitely seen this happen to people and have had it happen to myself a few times.

First of all the best way to fix this is to prevent it from ever happening. If you're smoking with someone who doesn't smoke much, make sure you let them know what they're in for. It's best to just let them smoke a smaller amount and see how they feel in 20 minutes. You can always get more high, but never less high.

If it does happen though my best advice would be to just try to relax them. Let them know that marijuana isn't dangerous and that they have nothing to worry about, they're just too high. Honestly that's the thing that used to calm me down the most. If I ever felt anxious or too high or uncomfortable I'd just sit there and tell myself that no one has ever died from smoking weed and I'm definitely not going to be the first.

8. That's a great point too. The tobacco from the blunt causes the high to hit you a lot harder because of the tobacco head rush. It can also make someone sick to their stomach if they don't smoke tobacco ever.

9. Dont give her mutch to smoke any more her tolerance must be really low. And if u do smoke with her just smoke middies

10. have her blow on her thumbs

seriously

it helps

11. Never had that problem when we roll a spliff, but I have seen someone throw up after smoking a cigarette. I smoked my cousin out and we used my bong. He doesn't have a big tolerance for marijuana so he was blitzed out of his mind. He asked me for a cigarette and he smoked it. About 10 min after the cigarette he was throwing up.

Edit: Same thing goes for smoking a cigarette if you have a low tolerance for alcohol.

12. OP, I had the same problem except it was my g/f who freaked out. I put her in the shower and she calmed down and sobered up. Then we rode to Wendy's and ate and she went to bed (we were out of town and staying in a hotel)

So to me, the best thing to do would be put that person in a shower.