Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bad dealer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by brokestoner, Apr 6, 2012.

1. I have a dealer I met about a half a year ago
    this guy is planning to do his first deal with me, but using a scale will cost me $5 extra:( Ive seen his bud and its ok, but i feel like hes setting up to rip me off.
    His price seems normal ($60/8th), and have a 5 day weekend, so I really want this weed.

What should I do?
    Should I try to eyeball it?
    Or should I demand for a measure?

2. That's shady. $5 extra to not rip you off?

Scope out the situation, if it looks shady and he has shady looking friends, get the fuck outa there.

3. the kids not shady, its just that I dont want to get ripped off
    i dont have my own scale, and i cant get one off the net either

4. ehh, that's a shitty dealer. I've heard of dealers not wanting to travel with their scales/not willing to bust out scales, or not have them on them.

but I've never heard of some one charging a customer just to use their scale.

If you really want the weed, buy it so you have something for the weekend. But I wouldn't keep going to this guy if I had other options, or I'd look for other people to deal with.

That, and if you're going to start buying often it's just a good idea to buy a scale of your own.

5. If he doesnt use a scale it could also work out in your favor. Or you could tell him that if he doesnt use a scale youre not gonna buy from him again. Or just put his name on blast as being a shitty dealer.

6. he claims the scale is his friends, but i dont know how that kind effort is worth 5 bucks

7. expensive weed and 5$ not to rip you off. shit man, if it's your only connection and dank weed then whatever i guess but you should try and find some better dude, man.

8. i guess i could bring my own, but where would i get it from?
    i cant buy it off the net, and im only limited to my bike

9. see, right there. That would be a big red flag to me. What type of dealer doesn't have his own scale?

I mean, I've heard of people picking up, and then bagging out different amounts, 8ths, grams, 1/4's, right away. But that's little kid shit and not some one I'd want to do business with.

10. thanks illogik, you've saved me a lot of time and money

11. Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Wtf is this shit?

Seriously, isthis a bad attempt at trolling?

12. no problem. I mean if he's your only connect, and you really want to smoke this weekend then go through him.

But the guy just seems shady from what you've said, so I'd start looking for new sources.

And also, depending on you and this friend, and your situation, don't be scared to call him out.
    be like hey, I like your weed, but if you want to sell to me then you can't charge me 5 bucks just to use your scale.

Also, on a side note. Some dealers just get touchy when people ask them to weight shit out in front of them. It doesn't exactly mean they are shady dealers, but are just a little touchy and sensitive, and some take customers asking them to weight shit out in front of them as a personal insult. Like you think they are shady. but your guy charging you 5 bucks to use his scale is just wrong.

13. My girl and I had a good laugh.

But if OP is serious, find a new connect pronto.

14. Sounds like he's hooking your sacks up .3g under-weight, so now that he has to prove it weighs, he wants the 5$ he's losing out on by not being able to rip you off.

15. Your dealer charges extra for a scaling?? What in the blue fuck is that?

16. [quote name='"brokestoner"']I have a dealer I met about a half a year ago
    this guy is planning to do his first deal with me, but using a scale will cost me $5 extra:( Ive seen his bud and its ok, but i feel like hes setting up to rip me off.
    His price seems normal ($60/8th), and have a 5 day weekend, so I really want this weed.

What should I do?
    Should I try to eyeball it?
    Or should I demand for a measure?[/quote]

60$ for an eighth? Yikes! And for "ok" bud? Double yikes.

17. Sucks for you bro, I get in a taxi and then out a few seconds later.

18. Funny you mention that. We have cabs here in Boise called ChroniCab and basically they drive you around while you sell weed. Or at least that's what my buddy uses their services for, and they never said shit to him about it. It's kinda like one of those unspoken bonds :D

19. Buy your own scale. You really should have your own anyway. Search "MyWeight" on eBay, they are cheap and accurate.

Don’t pay the extra $5. Without telling him you have your own scale, buy whatever you want and then weigh it at home. If your purchase is light, you know he is a shady guy who abuses trust. After that, dealing with him is up to you but at least you will know what you are in for.

20. I've never heard of a dealer charging to show you the weight of what their selling, its a joke.
    If its good stuff and looks ok then its upto you if you want to keep buying from him. He just sounds kind of ammateur to me.