Backyard of weeds

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by JamesIII, Jun 24, 2020.

1. 1D670179-8A65-41D7-9CD5-85301892C890.jpeg 09313C56-E6B5-4ECB-851C-9EF53D2EE31E.jpeg C014AF52-7E93-4491-A3FD-4866738B0801.jpeg 0E00C175-2D24-46A0-B8DF-2E72D4144615.jpeg B2FBB98B-91E3-4DAB-BA90-FB2C94BF3082.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Planted mostly all into pellets 6/10. Sprouted by 6/12 and planted

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. IMG_5265.JPG

3 days after planting. 6/15

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice! Looks good!

5. IMG_5272.JPG IMG_5273.JPG

The shoe fits!! Lol upside golfball bucket fit perfectly over the 2g bag. I think this could be useful for some intro LST on the new colas to be spouting

Gonna have some fun with this

• Like Like x 1
  6. Veg and when there young is the easiest part. I'm not going to be an asshole I'm going to see if I can learn because you know what your doing.

Not being a dick but first couple grows are definitely learning experiences. You are new to this forum so many people understand why we get frustrated from helping give information to people that tell at us. Been here a long time and @ICGreen remembers back when I was wee troll haha and my plants sucked. Now I only give helpful information.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I will stay quiet until you send me a message or one of those @ things. I'm a much happier person these days and arguments roll off my shoulder.

8. Hey Sade thanks for the post. I’d love to learn from dudes like you who have seen more real life shit.

I sorry if I got offended by being told it wasn’t a good idea to drench soil. Admit that’s probably a bad word to describe how I water.

9. No worries bro yea I live where the revolution took off in America Humboldt county. Same shit here though like online everyone thinks there the best. I like to think there is always someone doing something new or learning something that I could as well.

10. Haha sometimes it’s hard for me to remember this isn’t the aquarium hobby where I have a reputation of sorts and clients who ask me questions and spend $1,000-$5,000 on something I fragged and grew out (aquacultured corals).

But the dudes like you who have been “the revolution” know this industry wayyy more than me and my articles and books hahaha - so I appreciate your constructive criticism always - as you said we get no where without it. It’s very humbling to be reminded I haven’t flowered a marijuana yet hahah

I remember when I used to do a lot of photoshop graphics it was very common to ask for constructive criticism because of all the techniques.

11. Yea man I just do this at home for a hobby but work as industrial mechanic at a sawmill.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yea usually the worst part is beginning of flower if ph or nutrients too much
    I always go to the ph. The Ph is something I tried to skip when I first started because its annoying but plants kept locking out. Finally started checking soil runoff ph, water ph everything haha. Now that's the first thing I always check if I got problems.

13. Will keep this in mind when my nutrient problems start to come. It’s really only a matter of time until some leaves show something. And then I get to go to work on the real learning experience instead of just watching seedlings sprout. I’m hoping I can use foliar sprays to address specific nutrient issues when Identified. And then for my remaining 3 auto seeds I hope to have a much better understanding of what the plants really need as they grow up.

Ironically I am trying to get as many problems as possible for these plants so they don’t happen for my late summer attempt in a couple months.

14. I've always had a little better luck outdoors. Just make sure to always check ph before feeding plants and you should do great.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #36 JamesIII, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    So I got some rain overnight so that’s always rare LOL! Got to shake off my plants a little this morning and check out my experiments.

looks like the one in the small black pot showing signs of being overwatered with the curly leaves.

we can begin to see some yellowing on the plants in the pellets still.

and now one thing I haven’t posted in here yet. In May I was testing out what blue light would do for weed. Well just like Dr Bugsbee said blue light makes the weed plant stay small and short. And her you have an example of so with also extremely low levels of light. I exposed this LED test to the sun during the last week. You can see it’s still alive and the new leaves actuslly do not even look bad. This is obviously just a very small plant and will never yield even a gram. But goes to show you how hardy they can be with subpar conditions.
    -james

EDIT: plant under LED germinated in ground under sun and was transplanted at 3 days.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Oh I also meant to say kinda cool to see the two in the water bottle. One is topped the other is not. At the first true leaf node kinda cool to see they’re super hardy

17. Looks great! Keep it up man!

18. How many hours of light a day? I would turn a light on them for a few hours to avoid flower

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app