Back on that MMORPG grind

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by I Wayne, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Hey all, I am currently relapsing for a video game fix. I'm over console games (I.E ps3, xbox) and I am looking for a good computer game. Just like 90% of you out there, I can't get over WoW. I had played it since it came out and I am literally addicted to it, but I refuse to let myself play the game again with this expansion.

I just started playing SWTOR again since it came out and I do like it. The simple quest/kill/return sequence bores me, but the PvP keeps me occupied...for the most part.

Is guild wars 2 any good? I see many threads containing information for other video games, which I'm about to check them all out. I am just curious what YOU all have gotten into, other than WoW??

Thank you all :)

PS- my custom gaming pc comes in 4 days, top i5 processor with nvidia video card, 8gb ram, etc. Should be good for all games! :hello:

2. D3s pretty sick, it willk be even better when they add dueling

3. Sadly, I got sucked back into wow. Got raf'd and couldn't control myself. Especially with all 3 xpacs for $45.

4. I heard guildwars2 is really good along with League of Legends.

Im a sucker for soothing back ground music, and astonishing animations.
    im a maple junkie.

5. WoW is pretty good these days. I quit for Cata, and I heard it sucked anyways, but MoP is pretty good, especially if you're into PVP. I tried SWTOR when it came out and I did like it, but a total lack of endgame sorta ruined it for me....and now its just dying off like everything else since the genesis of WoW. If you want a scroll of resurrection send me a pm with your name and I'd be more than happy to send one your way. I was skeptical a few weeks ago when getting back into it, but it's totally worth it imo.

6. Word, nice input. When my computer comes im going to give guild wars 2 a try, then head back to WoW or try D3 after if i dislike it.

Star wars is fun to do pvp every now and then. It honestly makes me want to play WOW (damn addictions).

And hey i got a scroll of ressurection 3 months ago. How long until i'm eligible for a second one.

Damn i miss my rogue...ahh $hit...Screw you man! ;)

7. Waiting for Elder Scrolls Online atm might try GW 2

8. Runescape = all my childhood wasted

9. It says on the battle.net site that you can only get 1 if you've been inactive since March 5, 2012. So my guess would be you could get another one in 3 months? Damn, I thought these things used to be 3-6mo deals...

10. i just got back into guildwars 2. awesome game.

11. Just got to max level in Rift, they released an expansion back in November.

Pretty much same as wow minus the flying mounts with the addition of Rifts which are like mini boss fights with trash waves that spawn across the zones. This creates open world raiding which wow lacks.

They also added a really cool housing feature called dimensions which lets you buy an instanced plot and add hundreds of items, scaling them, rotating and what not.

Stopped playing WoW when I started playing Rift's closed beta in Feb. 2011.

12. o_O rift does look just like WoW. Tempting. And the world raiding does sound really awesome.

I think guild wars 2 i will try out first. After all, these are all grind/level games...can only do so much at once!

13. Thinking about starting GW2 up again. Kinda bores me, maybe i just need to delve further....

I miss staying up all night playing MMORPG's

14. [quote name='"TheDankDude"']Thinking about starting GW2 up again. Kinda bores me, maybe i just need to delve further....

I miss staying up all night playing MMORPG's[/quote]

WVW got me back into the game. my servers been doing well in it so its more enjoyable now.

15. Just wait for the Elder Scrolls MMO

I tried MoP and it sucks

Play Dota2, Starcraft 2, Heroes of Newerth?
    Chivalry, CSGO, guild wars 2?

Dont pay a sub fee for a bad and dying game

16. This.

If I ever see a game with a subscription fee, I'm going to avoid it like the plague cause why should I have to keep paying for a game I already bought?

Having a quality F2P game (ie: Guild Wars, League of Legends, etc) with a one-time purchase and micro-transactions without a pay-to-win type of store are my kinda gig now.

17. Torchlight 2 is pretty bad ass and for $20 you really can't beat the amount of gameplay you get.

18. Same, i still play that shit once in a while and i turned 22 today.

19. Its a pretty fun game tho, and a good time waster

20. I know that feel :hug: