Back by popular demand

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by oldskoolgrower, Apr 24, 2010.

1. what a Guy !!! .. ..

Crackling me Right up my .. .. lol .. .. :)

2. Hey, just poppin in. Looks great.

3. I noted several more new green spots on the 2 Hash Plants I'm regenerating. If all goes well in a week or two I'll take a couple of cuttings to turn into Mothers.

4. so how long ago was your first grow? and can you remember the strain you grew?

5. Over thirty years ago, and it was just a random bunch of Colombian bagseed.

You can read all about my history with cannabis in 'A Grower's Tale' posted here on GC.

6. Are there any one or two outstanding strains that stick out in your mind as your "all time" favorites, and why?

7. Wow at times I wish I could understand growing plants haha.

Anyways, lookin really good dude, I look forward to watching this one to the end.

-Subscribed-

8. Tough question. Over 30+ years I've grown and enjoyed so many nice strains. If you're talking about ones commercially available today I'd say the various Skunk and Haze variants and the Northern Lights line. Out of landraces I love REAL Hindu Kush, Thai, and the Central/South American Sativas.*

When you see things like 'F1, F2' etc. it refers to the generation when people are breeding. It typically takes around ten generations of crossing and back crossing to get a genetically stable strain, meaning the seeds from any given female will breed true with predictable characteristics.

EDIT: *Northern Lights is especially kind to the indoor grower and I always recommend it to new growers after they do a run or two of bagseed. Decent smoke too if well grown.

9. Looking good. I love your closeups.

Subscribed of course.

10. Damn breeding takes generations?! I might try a bagseed grow or two after I get my own place. Sounds like some fun.

11. Really Old School Grower, .. Northern Lights .. ..

I grew Northern Lights more than a few times, anyways, what do you see in that Strain ?

Then again, your growing style IS, very different than mine so it actually doesn't surprise me at all.

Perhaps I best try again, this time in Hydro BB's, and see how the wind blows while flying that kite, real High .. .. .. ;).

Looking Great friend .. .. :)

12. Northern Lights was one of the biggest breakthroughs for the indoor grower back in the day.

It's a nice Indica. Not the most potent but still very strong. It stays short. It's pest resistant. It has low odor. It tends to have high yields. It's very forgiving of mistakes.

NL of various types has been used as the basis of breeding for a lot of strains.

13. #53 CriTTer80, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2010
    Sub'd :wave:I agree about Northern Lights:D...Gonna read ur tale.:smoking:
    Respect
    edit: lol had already read it

14. As always oldskool, you are the MAN. :)

15. I :smoking:HIGHLY:smoking: recommend reading the article above in his blogs...inspired me in a lot of areas, not just growing...my new goal for the coming year is to smoke with this man OSG is now my new hero...Amazing lookin plants btw subscribed

Toke on grasscity:bongin:

16. :hello: I finally get to watch the OSG grow show! :D

17. #57 OCTAGONAL HOME, May 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2010
    Thanks for the notice on some of the all time favorites.

Do you know which seed breeder(s) may have the most legitimate stock of the NL and Hindu Kush?

18. SO much knowledge and experience from you OSG, thanks a billion for sharing all this dude :hello:

19. Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks dude, I'm gonna sit back and chill for this one :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

20. Can't wait to see an update on the ladies in their cubes. :cool: