Back at it need help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Rjb16, May 8, 2019.

1. Back at it I haven't grown in ten plus yrs I have clones coming to I can use attic a bed room and or closet plus yarf I'm on a budget only have around 500 now till end of month can invest more I need help with cheap set up but not junk I am looking for Max yeild want to harvest much as possible hps and mh I am thinking I no nothing of this new led led pls help

2. Punctuation is a plus. You'll do fine with the HID lamps, LED is still improving and the costs are down and someday maybe I'll go there but for now I don't see any reason for changing over. You may have trouble with temps growing in the attic but I don't know your situation. If your budget is $500 you'll do fine.

3. Thanks what do you think I should buy and from where for Max yeild

4. Beats me, friend. I haven't shopped for new equipment in years.

5. If you use hid you will also need to spend a good bit of your budget on cooling fans etc. Check out this product line they are outperforming hid in every way

ALL

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. What is your ambient temperature and humidity, in the space you are thinking of using, take those into consideration when preparing a garden, I grew in an attic a couple of years ago, using sodiums. In the summer time heat was a massive problem.
    If I was using LEDs, I would have saved a fortune on exhausting that heat.
    On the flip side, in winter ( in an attic ) you need sodium or equivalent to keep the heat up.
    Decent LEDs are also quite expensive, but in the long run they are worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I can't afford high end ones right now what I need is some thing ok decent I think to veg with to give me the time to co-op cash for flowering it just I get clones TD so no choice

8. And then be ready for next crop I think I will use room

9. Best bang for the buck Is the horticulture light group led lights .
    They sale the Samsung quantum boards
    The price is about a buck per actual watt if you assembling the lights yourself
    The Samsung led lights are 24 to 28 watts per square foot

The Mars and other blurple led lights sold on e bay and Amazon are 48 watts per square foot of grow space and use twice to 3 times the energy the Samsung lights use and the plants seem to like the Samsung light better then the purple light.
    Personally I think the Samsung led lights are the best grow lighting system on the market.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I get a good harvest from this

11. where can I get some tents a fare price im ordering trey clones mk and og want to flower under two 600 watt hps I figure with right nuts and fans exgust ect I can harvest 2lbs under the the 600 watt lights just nut sure what I can get buy on for my veging I don't want to go over kill no more then I need but don't want to cheap out also

12. I meant you harvest good ounder the leds