BabyCows Stealth PC Grow From Bag Seed ~Grow Journal~

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by babycow420, Jan 16, 2014.

1. I think i will do this.

I have been thinking of moving the pc out of the aquariums storage bay and creating an LED grow Cab in there for bigger yields . I would still keep the PC micro, just in a different area. I also have a mini fridge that is not really of use to me anymore. IDK will have to wait on all that until the future.

2. #22 babycow420, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    UPDATE: Day 5

put a sponge in a baby food jar with water to keep humidity up.
    2014-01-19 18-31-19.278.jpg

Temp is a usually 75 sometimes peaking 80,
    humidity is at 35- 40 on a regular basis trying to boost it to 45. 
    2014-01-19 18-30-56.442.jpg

plant looks healthy as far as i am concerned. 
    2014-01-19 16-26-09.820.jpg 2014-01-19 16-26-20.087.jpg 2014-01-19 18-31-01.416.jpg

should i be planing on using any nutrient, considering i am only using a solo cup? this is my first grow do you guys think i can manage without nutes?

3. I would say you should use nutes because even if it's growing in a small amount of soil, it still needs nutes. In smaller quantities, look at the instructions on the nutes package and divide the amount to use. I am pretty sure i'm not wrong.

She looks good, she hasn't streched !

4. Sorry I am really stoned so you might've already said this. But what is the strain and where did you get the seed?

5. bag seed, you must be stoned! look at the title buddy. :bongin:

Oh shit, hahaha. Thanks. Yeah I got pretty blasted last night since we get today (Monday) off for MLK day. 

7. you can use nutes if the plant needs it. Wait till it uses up everything in the soil before adding any extra, you only need it when it tells you. You will start to see changes in the leaves indicating it needs nutes. But at about 3 weeks you can hit it with some light nutes just to be sure it will be ok other than that for now you are fine

8. Update: Day 6

so temps are averaging 80 still, and my humidity is back at 45 thanks to the sponge and baby food jar. but a bit of a problem has accured the tip of one leaf is turning kind of brownish grey i think it was just begging for water because the soil was bone dry. i watered her and we will see what happens. 
    2014-01-20 19-56-44.357.jpg

9. thank's for the information, but can i go to lowes and buy nutes? I have been wondering about nutes for a while and need to figure out what i am using i really don't want to order them online though.

10. yea any nutes will do fine just make sure its for vegging not flowering. the problem with your leaf tip i wouldn't worry about unless it starts spreading to the new growth areas

11. roger, thanks man

12. UPDATE- Day 7

humidity 45 and temps 75- 80 shes doing well the bad leaf has not spread anymore, i think the water did the trick.
    second set of leaves coming in now!
    2014-01-21 18-17-48.576.jpg
    2014-01-21 18-17-28.326.jpg

13. Update- Day 8

so today temps were decent but still a little high 80 f so im going to use more frozen water bottles. 
    also can somone tell me if my leaves are souposed to be like this ? all droopy?

2014-01-22 23-37-41.967.jpg
    2014-01-22 23-38-06.954.jpg

14. You are over watering the baby. By the looks of your soil, It doesn't seem to be draining and drying fast enough. Half of the common plastic water bottles is to much even. I'd let it dry out and next time put you pink down in the soil just enough to get past the top layers of dirt and not enough to disturb root systems, Does it feel moist to the touch? If so I would wait to water. The top soil in a pot will dry out faster than the rest because its exposed to light so its not safe to water by looking at the top soil for dryness. As for nutes I would go out and buy Espoma plant or tomato tone, they sell these at lowes it doesn't matter which one you get whatever is available. The NPK is 5-3-3 and is a good dry organic fertilizer to start feeding your plant. I wouldn't feed it anything until it grows at least 5-6 sets of leafs if not more. At this stage your plant is trying to root itself into the ground and it only needs water to do so. I would wait to feed it until you find out the sex so you don't waste any money if you dont have to. 

15. Cool and thanks for the info. The nutes were the info i needed the most because there is no more damage to the leafs anyway.
     What does NPK stand for? sorry for being a total noob.

16. Nitrogen - Phosphorus - Potassium

17. Understanding how and when to fertilize is an important part of growing marijuana.  Each bag or bottle of fertilizer is labeled with a set of numbers representing three of the macro-nutrients used by plants.  These numbers are always in the same order and correspond to the specific plant nutrients nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium (N-P-K).  If you hadn't guessed, the symbols N, P, and K are the same as used on the Periodic Table of Elements. An exception to this method of labeling is found in Australia where a fourth letter is assigned for Sulfur (S).
    N-P-K value labeling is highly regulated by the country or state in which the fertilizer is intended to be sold.  The value listed on fertilizer packaging for N is calculated by the percentage by weight.  For example if the N-P-K reads 12-1-1, then the product is 12% nitrogen by weight.  The labeling methods used for phosphorous and potassium are more complicated and do not represent the raw elemental values.  Phosphorus is measured by its content of oxides while potassium is measured by its soluble compounds. This is important to understand because some fertilizers may contain much more of these nutrients than their manufacturers are allowed to print on the packaging.  It should be noted that some fertilizer companies circumvent regulations by printing soluble and insoluble nutrient percentages on their labels.
    \tNitrogen (N)Most of what you breathe is nitrogen, an odorless, colorless gas that constitutes over 75% of Earth's atmosphere.  Despite the overwhelming presence of atmospheric nitrogen, there are only a few kinds of plants in the legume family that can make use of it.  Marijuana is not a legume, so nitrogen must be supplemented. 
    Synthetically-produced nitrogen fertilizer is made in the form of anhydrous ammonia from natural gas. Anhydrous ammonia is then usually converted into ammonium nitrate for storage and ease of application.  Once granulated, the ammonium nitrate is ready for use as a cost-effective and easy-to-use plant food.  Natural sources of nitrogen are numerous and include; blood meal, manure, bird and bat guano, among many others. 
    Because of its crucial role in photosynthesis, fertilizers high in nitrogen are used during the ‘vegetative' phase of growing marijuana. Nitrogen is key to both chlorophyll and protein production and used throughout photosynthesis for the conversion of carbon into sugars and other organic compounds.
    • Grow fertilizers are high in nitrogen
    • Used for rapid growth
    • Used to build chlorophyll and promote a healthy green color
    • Improves volume and health of plant foliage
    \tPhosphorus (P)Phosphorous is a volatile and reactive element, which is why it is probably never found in its pure elemental form in nature.  Because of this volatility, fertilizer packaging is actually showing a measure of its oxide (P[SUB]2[/SUB]O[SUB]5[/SUB]).  Phosphorous is commonly refined from stone called phosphotite or mined from ‘guano islands' comprised primarily of bird and bat dropping. A common biomass source of phosphorus is found in ground bone (bonemeal).
    Marijuana plants use phosphorus throughout their growing cycles but at elevated levels when flowering. As the plants' nutrient requirements change, the feeding schedule is adjusted to include ‘bloom foods' with higher levels of phosphorus and lower levels of nitrogen.  Because plants also use Phosphorus in root formation, low doses of it are often found in cloning solutions.
    • Bloom foods are higher in phosphorous
    • Improves bud production 
    • Aids root development
    • Involved in oil and glucose production
    \tPotassium (K)Potassium is an alkali metal that reacts violently with water and oxidizes quite rapidly when exposed to air.  This unstable nature requires that it be added to fertilizers in the form of potassium compounds known as potash.  Not all forms of potash are suitable for plants; K[SUB]2[/SUB]SO[SUB]4[/SUB] , K2SO[SUB]4[/SUB], 2MgSO[SUB]4[/SUB], and K[SUB]2[/SUB]Mg[SUB]2[/SUB](SO[SUB]4[/SUB])[SUB]3[/SUB] are the three that seem the best suited for a plant's needs. It should be noted that potassium oxide (K[SUB]2[/SUB]O) is never used for fertilizer as it is caustic and hygroscopic. Like phosphorus, potassium is mined from mineral-laden ore.
    Like N and P, potassium (K) is a key component in the metabolic functions of plants and plays a large role in the production of proteins and photosynthesis.  Potassium also helps strengthen the marijuana plant's immune system, which helps the plant cope with environmental stresses, including insects and diseases.  Bloom formulated fertilizers often include increased levels of potassium because it helps improve flower quality.
    • Found in both ‘Grow' and ‘Bloom' fertilizers
    • Helps plants immune system
    • Increases flower quality

18. Thank you so much for all of the info ganja, 

Also 
    Update Day 10

She looks not so well. i need some help can anyone give some advice?
    temps and humidity still the same. i think i am under watering her to be honest.
    i just watered her, the cup was pretty light. i dug down like an inch or 2 and it was pretty dry too 
    so i gave her some water ill update about 4:00 pm tomorrow when lights come on.

2014-01-26 00-43-38.779.jpg 2014-01-26 00-42-35.871.jpg 2014-01-26 00-42-42.508.jpg

19. Hows she looking? It doesn't looks stretched or stressed from lack of water so you should be alright.

My understanding is that it's better to under-water than to over-water. I think you want to let the soil dry out before you water again. 

But I'm inexperienced (growing my first plant currently), so check up on this yourself before taking my advice!