Baboons keep feral dogs as pets & guardians in Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Swills, Aug 10, 2011.

1. the apathy is not much different from the baboons either

2. Oops....... Mispost

3. I'd like to drag that fucking baboon over those jagged rocks. What an asshole.

4. #24 Sickleg, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    It seems you are confusing microevolution with macro evolution. We may selectively breed dogs to be bigger or smaller but they are still a dog and not a new species.

However, I am retracting my earlier statement. We actually have observed evolution in just a small amount of time, in viruses.

5. #25 Jazzyj, Aug 10, 2011
    Microevolution IS macroevolution. There is really no need to make them two separate things. A lot of small changes within one species added over a long period of time can eventually result in a new species. At what point did wild wolfs become domesticated dogs?

6. Oh but it is, the baboons didn't kill dogs and they live a mutualistic relationship. You're talking about killing the baboons which is a completely different story.

7. i felt the pain of that puppy..

he was gettin dragged all over the place,,

freakin rude! lol.

but its crazy how nature works tho huh?

nd aww shytt..

i wouldnt mind havin a fox as a pet.

that be so sick.

8. No its not, and you dont know that the baboons didnt or did kill the dogs, all you have is a short clip. And I am not talking about blowing them all away, just the one fucker that was dragging the pup across the fucking ground. And if you stand there and see them do that, and do nothing you are no different then their other baboon friends who (guess what they do) thats right like you they do nothing.

9. It's nature, and you must not know the definition of mutualistic. That is a natural relationship where both animals benefit. Just because a puppy gets dragged a little doesn't mean it's life is ruined...

10. Im guessing it may look something like this:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

edit- damn that 3rd monkey in the middle looks so fake

11. that is just one example that you see in this clip in particular.
    you think what in the entire span of the monkeys and dogs together, a oversized dumbass baboon didnt harm a pup or kill it or maim...
    I think different, no point in arguing !
    thats my view and you wont change it

12. I'm afraid you're the one who doesn't understand evolution. Seeing as this is obviously behavioral evolution as opposed to the physical evolution that you state takes thousands of years.

Behavioral evolution can be seen easily in a few hundred years. For instance, a few hundred years ago we could this conversation anonymously on the CRAZY internet.

But seriously that's crazy that these apes are taking after us so much.

13. #33 Jazzyj, Aug 11, 2011
    Your wish is my command.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXThYtRqyOU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

14. ^ would have been funnier if that poster actually had said I wish
    anyways this is the longer version of more then 1 minute
    I remember watching this awhile back
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBS9NYYpruw&feature=related]Drunk Monkeys in the Caribbean - YouTube[/ame]

15. #35 Mr. Mojorising, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    I bet that is pretty much the same way primitive humans began there relationship with wild dogs long ago.

I noticed the white dog at the end of vid appeared to be wearing a collar, seems rather strange for a wild Ferrel dog.

Those baboons are about five times as strong as humans and have huge canine teeth, a dog that size would not stand a chance against one of those big males.

Interesting video.

16. "oh wow this little thing keeps squealing! Maybe if i drag it along the rocks fast enough it'll shut up."

lol apes are smart

17. i think a lot of you guys are getting confused between evolution and adaptation. just because they are adapting to a new environment doesn't mean that they are evolving. they probably would have done the same thing ages ago if they were put in the same situation.

18. I may have just found my next vacation destination! I am soooooo getting drunk with these awesome monkeys! Rounds on me little fellas!

St. Kitts, fuck yeah!
    http://www.stkittstourism.kn/

19. #39 duhganjaplanta, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011

i was talkin about the mom dog. she didnt/couldnt do shit.
    and i dont think a feral dog is as tough as a rottie. and someone earlier said that baboons are 5x as strong as a human soooo yeaaa. and i think the narrator ment help with protection from a pack of dogs.

cause numbers> strength of 1 individual

20. I know an animal control officer that sells lots of 15-20 dogs "out the back door" for dog fighting.....