babies

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by homegrownz, Jun 20, 2007.

1. ok to start off. in the first day of april.i germinated my seeds from some pretty good chronic. they all sprouted nicely. i planted them in pots outdoor but they were little. so i moved all 3 into a giannnt pot. all seperated from eachother.(by the way i live in northern california and we get plenty of sun during this time of year. and it gets very very hot)

so i watered them a little bit every other day. but i went on a 4 day trip and came back and one of them was shrivled up and skinny. but the other two were fine. so i continued watering them to see if the shrivled one would fix itself. no luck. so i took it out.

but the thing i am wondering is.... they have been growing for 20 days now. and they are still little. about 6 inches and the little round baby leafs died and fell off and now it has the 2 big leafs and the 2 smaller ones.
    it seems to be growing slowly because my previous plant grew very fast.
    and one of the plants has yellow dots forming on the leaves.

i have them in one large pot. with regular garden soil that i use to grow my tomatoes and lettuce. and they are watered with half a cup around the plants every other day.

by the way its hot out here. at day time it gets from the mid 80s to the high 90s and at night its around 50 degrees to 58 degrees with somewhat 60degrees humidity.
    can anyone help me out.

im jus pretty new to growing.
    and if someone can guide me step by step on what i need to do to grow outdoors in this area that would be great.

2. here are some pictures of them both and one close up of the yellow dots on the leaves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Can Anyone Help Me Out Or Nah

4. nah i think ur good. I started mine liek 20 days ago mine look that size too. I had two leaves go yellow but then it rained and there green again.

5. I'm not very sure about those spots. The next set looks nice and green though...

What you wanna do since it sounds like your worried about them drying up is spray them 3-4 times a day with water. Get the surface of the soil too cus you don't want the soil to dry when they are so young. You probably wont need to water it every other day if you habitually spray them. Use those spray bottles not a garden hose.

There doing alright for 3 weeks. You'll wanna put them into individual pots soon too, the sooner the better.

By spraying the leaves there will be less water lost from the plant because of ...I forget if its evaporation or transpiration...but plants loose water through their leaves. Keep that surface of the soil moist too.

6. those are WAY to small for three weeks old. do they get enough sun? they need full sun, all day. you should have them in proper organic potting soil, which it doesnt look like you do, and dont let them dry out for too long. water when the soil dries out, dont leave it. something is definately wrong, you just need to figure out if its water, light or food (soil) related.

edit:
    just saw you water every other day.. make sure your not overwatering, but i think your problem is probably shitty soil, and not enough light. they grow fast when given plenty of light for energy, and plenty to eat in their soil. you want soil that is rich in biomass, not just dirt.

7. i have them next to a fence. so they get sun in the morning till the later afternoon cause thats when the sun is on the other side of the fence.
    then they get shade cause the fence blocks the sun when its on the other side.
    i really dont have any good ideas where to keep them cause i have alot of neighbors around here fence 2 fence.and i sure dont want it stinking alot when its bigger. and i dont think i can keep em indoors cause it will stink up the house and thats a NO NO. anyone got any ideas wheres a good spot to keep em?
    anyways i apriciate all the help i can get. thank you once again

8. ??no one has any helpful hints and ideas for me

9. Look, its not that no-one has any ideas its just that there are sooooo may threads started in the wrong place with all the same redundant questions. Alot of these threads with no replies are simply ignored because most of them are better off residing in "absolute beginers". There, almost all threads are answered with very helpful detail and attention. But hey, if you need help then:

#1 that soil is HORRID! read around and decide on which way to go here.
    #2 those are STUNTED seedlings. You need FULL sun all day. Those plants should be a foot high if not taller.
    #3 get a good fert.
    #4 DONT PLANT MULTIPLE PLANTS IN ONE POT. I hate seeing this. (read on this)
    #5 there are veteran growers that skim the beginers threads and are ready for any questions regarding "beginer topics".

*****I have a good mind to erase everything I've just typed and not seem like an ass, but Im stuborn and will stand firm in my response. I PMed you.