Babies need help. I'm lost.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dr. Bud, Jul 12, 2008.

1. I have some GDP And Afghaniwreck and Rhinowreck all about a month old from cutting. Under 2 T5s in soil/peatpots. Anyway, fairly recently, I noticed the leaves starting to turn much lighter than they should and new growth slowed almost entirely. I determined that it was a N deficiency and got some Earth Juice and fed them some on their next watering.
    The real issue is the fact that just before I went about correcting this N deficiency, I would wake up in the morning to find a plant (always just one at a time it seems like) drooped like it badly needs watering. I give it water, and it never perks back up. I'm very nervous because I'm taking very good care of these plants but something is obviously wrong and I need to fix it soon before I have a couple lamps,a bunch of dirt filled cups and no more money.
    Please, any advice or insight that anyone with experience has to offer would be more than appreciated.

2. It could be over watering, some strains are really sensitive. Also, what is your humidity at normally?

3. I've noticed some overwatering problems and cut back, I usually go as long as I feel is safe until watering because I'm so nervous about it now actually. Humidity is generally fairly low. I live in a fairly dry climate. It's also usually pretty warm in here during the day. Usually around 85F probably.

4. Try sticking a bucket of water in your grow room or use a cheap humidifier. Cannabis releases its toxins through the leaves (since it can't unzip and take a piss) and they have a hard time releasing toxins when the humidity is low. Also, you could spray them really well daily and that could really help.

5. Alright. I have determined the source of my problem to be overwatering. Apparently severely enough to have killed a few of them. Anyway, I was wondering if there were any secrets as to how to combat the effects of overwatering. Is the combination of a dry environment and overwatering increasingly harmful?

6. Dont water so much:D:hello:

7. Give them a good soak and then let the soil dry out for a few days then give em another good soak.

8. I used to use those peat pots(still do sometimes when I can find the big 4" ones) and I really didnt think it was possible to overwater with those things, they are dummy proof. How often do you water them?

9. Do exactly what he said and dont let them peat pots sit in the extra water that runs off

10. No kidding?
    I was just wondering if anyone had ever tried anything along the lines of soil aeration or added ventilation/airflow to counteract overwatering with any success.

11. get those as seen on tv self watering things =P

12. I've seen people take a shish ka bob scewer, and poke it down along the wall around the pot every once in a while, just to improve the perm a little throughout the life.
    Dont know if it really works, but seems like it would? But be careful not to hit roots..