Azos = 5-20% Yield Increase?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by TehBigDoob, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

For a while now I have been reading all the related threads on Mycorrhizae and have been doing some research into them and came across a link to a company named RTI (Reforestation Technologies) about a product named Azos (Azospirillium) that is supposed to be the next great thing in organics. These guys apparently are the ones to be credited for a number of world record grows and just thought I'd run the link by you guys:

Azos: The Next Beneficial Microbe for Incredible Growth | Reforest.com

It apparently is a nitrogen fixer.

FTA: "
    Azospirillum releases a plant growth hormone called IAA (indole-three-acetic acid) that increases lateral root growth and root hairs. This increased root surface area allows the plant to control it's nutrient intake, absorbing just what it needs at the right time. Additionally, Azospirillum works with mycorrhizae to maximize a plant's potential, maintaining plant health despite the presence of natural events such as soil pathogens, drought, shock, stress, and infestations

Although the article sounds a little commerical-y, it sounds promising. Anyone know anything about this stuff?

-Doob

2. TehBigDoob

As an adjunct to the information that you linked to I would like to send you the Remineralize the Earth web site.

You'll find the information a solid resource, IMHO

In particular look at their 'Resource' page for suppliers on any number of mineral amendments.

Also you might want to look into Darwin's 'Root Brain Theory' which is not considered 'absolute' as such but I think that Darwin's theory has merit and is worthy of investigation.

Another good read is Michael Pollan's "Botony of Desire" which, in part, deals with cannabis specifically. There's a PBS DVD by the same title that's available for purchase and through most modern public libraries.

HTH

LD

3. #3 opinionation, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
    I would also like to know if anyone has any experience with this product. Also the foliar spray called co2 looks pretty interesting. The prices are reasonable imho considering the claims and the products being organic.

Here is the co2 product.

www.reforest.com/xtreme-gardening-co2/

4. I dont have any more info on it than you but I am actually using it in my grow right now. I have no control and just started this grow so I still have no clue as to whether or not this product is legit but I am planning on doing some side by sides with tomatoes. It definitely sounds promising though...

5. ayo for azos yeild increase :confused: