Axial fans?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Sam87, Jan 28, 2010.

1. What's up everybody. I've been lurking here for a month or so, and I just want to say that you guys have a really great community on here. Friendliest, most bullshit free board I've ever been on.

I am currently setting up my first grow. It's all legal, however I'm still trying to keep things quiet, so as not to disturb my neighbors, or be evicted (which actually wouldn't be terrible. I want out of the lease, but I would obviously much prefer to move on my schedule, not the landlord's).

Anyway, I'm growing out of a 4'X4'X6'7" pre-fab tent for flowering. I will be using a 600w HPS, Xtra Sun 6" AC air cooled hood for lights, with a two fan setup. Hood is sealed.

My question is, has anyone had any experience with these fans: Axial Fan 4" Flat Whisper - CLIMATE CONTROL - VT-BFFW-F4 The 6" models specifically.

They are rated at 235 CFM, but I'm worried that they will crap out on that rating if I'm pulling from a carbon filter, and if it's having to move air through ducting elbows.

It's either those, or these 6" oracle fans, run on a speed controller:
    Oracle Fan - 4" - CLIMATE CONTROL - VT-IFO-CF4

And, if not usable with the carbon filter, could I go half and half, and cool the lights with the axial? There will be 90 degree elbows on both the intake and exhaust, to keep everything light proof.

Thanks fellas.

2. Anyone? Any input is appreciated.

3. Eh, ordering tonight. Probably going to get some active air 6" instead. Give it one last bump to see if anything happens.

4. I am the same boat as you right now, got the DR120 tent and I am the in process of getting a AC hood and a good fan, right now I have a 400 hps/mh but I think I want to move up to a 600 or 1000 watter, where are you getting the fan from? Good luck and keep us posted on your grow!!!

5. Hey, what's up man. Well, I ended up getting an active air 6" to start with, and I'll have another 4" coming for my hood next week, along with my filter. Once this badboy gets here, the girls will finally get to move to 12/12. They're going to be fucking huge, had money setbacks and shit, so they're all sitting at 2ft before flowering, after being topped/FIMed no less. Going to be some fucking training to keep them manageable.

Oh, and I went ahead and ordered from here: Grow Lights, Grow Bulbs and Hydroponics - Plantlighting Hydroponics & Grow Lights

Seems freakishly cheap, but every review I've seen, the people get their shit. One dude on here swears they are'nt legit, but he still got his lights, just two of them and no refund on the second. I figure if they send me two fans, fuck it. I've gotta get them anyway, it'll just piss my wife off royally, haha.